• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leku.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Strava / IFTTT – Service Reminders
  • TractorFrog
    Free Member

Idea

Extract Ride Time / Moving time from Strava and setup a Applet in IFTTT to send you an email after X numbers of hours riding. E.g Service Rear Shock after 60 hours or Service Forks after 120 hours etc…

Anyone seen this setup or know if its possible?

Thanks

twicewithchips
    Free Member

That’s a very good idea.

I was intrigued, so had a poke about – so far as I can thell the triggers from Strava are based around completion of activity/segments rather than elapsed time.

Could it be done in two stages? It looks like you could append your strava data to a spreadsheet, might then a total of the elapsed time be used to trigger a text alert?

edit: ah, no. While docs can be used as a destination, it isn’t in the list of services as a trigger.

TractorFrog
    Free Member

Good to know that at least 2 people think its a good idea. Wonder if anyone has done anything with Strava API’s and can hook into the data in another way. The amount of data that Veloviewer gets, must mean its accessible somehow

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Yeah, its definitely accessible – the IFTTT link will extract ‘Elapsed Time’ as a distinct item/field. I got stuck at the point where I had to create the alert that deals with the subtotal of elapsed time (your 60 hours).

some of the clever it types on here might be able to do that bit though…

TractorFrog
    Free Member

So using the IFTTT to get the data into Googlesheets, i then used a SUMIF command to tally up in Googlesheet “ElapsedTimeInSeconds”, converted into hours, listed my service intervals and just need to figure the notification bit out now so when total hours is greater than Service interval i get a notification of sorts. Going to try and following this tutorial here for the Email Notification.

Leku
    Free Member

Sorry if you already know but with running shoes you can set up a Strava reminder after x miles run. Shame it isn’t available for bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Strava / IFTTT – Service Reminders’ is closed to new replies.