Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Strava errors?
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

Strava (via iPhone) seems to be a bit, well, glitchy. Anyone else noted erratic results from it?

rj
    Free Member

I had a two and a half hour ride last week where I covered 2,985km at an average speed of just over 1,000 km/hr. I ended up just east of Iceland via Norway.

So yes, possibly a touch glitchy. That was on Android, incidentally.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Better with the Garmin Fit app, then export from the Garmin Connect website to Strava IMHO. Works for me anyway.

davosaurusrex

Yeah, it’s balls. It plotted 50% of my ride about 2 miles away from where I actually went yesterday. Also had it give me and a mate times 30 seconds apart up a climb that we span up side by side chatting. Still addictive though….

Liftman

You have to shout “STRAVA” whenever you pass someone or it won’t record the segment properly 8)

davosaurusrex

Roflcoptorz (whatever that means) at the Icelandic voyage

meehaja
    Free Member

Why does mine never plot to iceland? I’m in competition with a guy from work, and a 3000km ride would put me well in the lead!

colournoise

rj – Member
    I had a two and a half hour ride last week where I covered 2,985km at an average speed of just over 1,000 km/hr. I ended up just east of Iceland via Norway.
    So yes, possibly a touch glitchy. That was on Android, incidentally.

Strava on Android had been pretty spot on for me until last week (Monday) too, when I rode from Cardiff to the northern tip of the Isle of Man in an hour or so despite never leaving Peterborough physically.

Tried it again yesterday and it was spot on.

slainte 😕 rob

cuberider
    Free Member

Not far out running from my Android but seen a few mad glitches.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

HTC desire no issues. HTC wildfire massive issue. Yet to test the s3. Ache k gaps settings and increase the capture rate

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I lost a kom, to a bloke whos average speed, was 9,376,000,000,000. 😯

crazy-legs

The only error I’ve seen with mine is that it consistently reads my speed as about 3mph too slow. IMHO.

😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mines fine, but I always use a seperate GPS datalogger which seems to be more accurate than even my old garmin 305. Possibly because it lives in my jersey pocket rather than being sheilded form the sky by the rider hunched over the bars. Are your iphones tucked away in your backpack?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

But of a high jack, but can you change the map settings to satellite or hybrids or other more easiy to identify formats?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Std, sattelite or terrain are the map options – click in the map type in the top RH side of the map

ormondroyd
    Free Member

My iPhone GPS went doolally today. I’m not sure but I think it would probably have been the phone and not Strava (it also dropped off 3G for a while, until I put it into, and out of, flight mode). The result is some ludicrously straight lines on the south west corner of my ride, and no timings for sectors in that area: http://app.strava.com/rides/19232731

As a result it’s underreported by a couple of miles, and has clocked my max speed at almost 60mph. Which is obviously true, Grraaaaah!

Anyone had this before? Is it an iphone glitch?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks C’rocket. Is that available on free version as I can’t see options on mine?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

yup

dreednya

I cycled out to the ascension islands and back according to my Garmin a month ago, they look the spit of countryside and trails around Nant-yr-arian and Nant-y-moch, so could be worth the air fare 🙂

rugbydick

A riding buddy rode around Aberdeenshire via Mali and Algeria last week…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Strava errors?’ is closed to new replies.