Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Strava ebike
  • jamesoz

I ride Swinley regularly & it wouldn’t surprise me if someone’s killed ether by the ebikes hitting a tree or them hitting someone.
    Just my thoughts

I ride there regularly and the only near death involving an E bike I’ve witnessed was me chasing an older guy up Jobber hill, not knowing it’s an E-Bike and nearly expiring.

They’re limited to 15mph and I sure there will be a few unlimited ones, if they spanner themselves on a tree then so be it.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve got a few XC ski KOMs! It appears if Strava automatically creates segments if there are none. Also some kayak KOMs but then I actually created those segments in order to track my own performance (they’re public because I see no reason why not and interested to see if anybody else is using Strava for kayaking).

Are you sure you’ve done it correctly? Or maybe you took a while to change the category and it got flagged whilst still a normal bike ride and disrupting the leaderboards. Because people looking at the bike leaderboards shouldn’t even see an e-bike ride.

aracer
    Free Member

A road legal e-bike? That’s kind of surprising because there isn’t a huge amount of advantage to drafting at 15mph and I’d have thought on any segment where the KOM is that speed or less performance would be dominated by climbing speed.

Though as mentioned, motor pacing isn’t allowed.

edit: ah just realised you wrote “PR” rather than “KOM” – that’s less surprising.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kerley
    Free Member

I ride there regularly and the only near death involving an E bike I’ve witnessed was me chasing

I did the same yesterday. Took me a mile or so to catch them (bit of uphill fire road, bits of flat muddy singletrack and then a tarmac section where I caught them. Little bit frustrating when you catch them all puffing and blowing and they are putting in very little effort!

Euro
    Free Member

Why play monopoly if you’re not going to at least try and win, considering its a game and the sole purpose is for someone to win with all the money

Cause it’s supposed to be fun? It’s a game, you play it. Not really comparable with Strava which is a serious cycling tool, used by serious cycling tools 😆

martinhutch

Cause it’s supposed to be fun? It’s a game, you play it.

Fun? Not in my recollection when your son bankrupts you for the fifth time in a row. 🙂

mauja
    Free Member

It must only really be an issue on Strava if people are using illegal/derestricted ebikes?

UK legal ones are limited to 250 watts and assist up to a maximum speed of 15.5mph, I can’t think of any road KOM’s around my way that you’d get with those stats.

Ewan
    Free Member

Remember they’re pedal assists (i.e your output + the bike( – so on an uphill below 15mph I could easily put 600w out in theory. That would get a few KOMs round here!

mauja
    Free Member

Good point! I think it still limits it to only a certain type of road segment, where I am most of the road KOM’s are well above 15.5mph.

Off road I could see it being more of an issue.

doomanic

Are you sure you’ve done it correctly? Or maybe you took a while to change the category and it got flagged whilst still a normal bike ride

I uploaded it as an eBike ride and it was logged as one when I clicked on the “Reported” notification. Who knows. Or cares.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Strava ebike’ is closed to new replies.