Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Strava distance loss
  • blitz

Went for a run tonight on a loop I’ve done numerous times and it’s always logged on strava as 4.3 miles. Tonight Strava has recorded the distance as 3.8 miles which has obviously thrown out my average pace etc. It looks on the map like the start and end points are correct, its followed the route and the line looks normal with no straight line sections so no idea where it’s lost 0.5 miles from. Does anyone know if you correct it?

CraigW
    Free Member

What does Strava say for moving time vs elapsed time? If you are not moving fast enough, Strava could have recorded some of it as paused. So the paused distance won’t count.
    Not sure if there’s any way to fix it.

bensales
    Free Member

Are you using a phone or a proper GPS? Phones aren’t as accurate. Even cloud cover could have thrown it off a little.

blitz

Looks like that’s it – checked and the moving time is 4 mins off the elapsed time so it must’ve lost some distance on auto-pause. Odd though as I’ve run this route a lot and was actually on a quicker time tonight so not sure why it’s done that. Anyway at least I know the reason now. Cheers.

DickBarton

Quicker as it was a shorter run? 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Strava distance loss’ is closed to new replies.