Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Strava app on android platform. Suddenly unreliable. Anyone else having problems
  • rockhopper70

Soooo frustrating. My last two rides have been lost from the save ride option. Up to that point all is fine with the mileage consistent with my iPhone equipped buddies log.
    This is on a Sony experia phone, not the best but it has always been reliable up until a few weeks ago. It had me walking at 230mph in Bolton abbey today.
    I’m not sure if it is a wifi or 3G problem or at strava’s server end. Just says sinc failed and then ithas stopped running, and whatever option you chase from there whether to report or wait or close, it looses the ride data.
    Any other bad experiences? Wondering if the Phone is suddenly the problem as another (but newer, Experia) also failed to upload tonight?

jekkyl

Have you rooted the phone? I know strava doesn’t work with cyanogen mod, vanilla android ftw.

rockhopper70

Sorry. What does all that mean?
    🙄

jekkyl

I try to help you & I get rolling eyes, shove it up your bottom bracket.

jamiea
    Free Member

Strava on my Samsung Galaxy Ace updated this evening, if that’s any use!

Cheers,
    Jamie

dan1980
    Free Member

To be fair, unless you’re “in the know” churning out stuff about “rooting” and running non-stock ROMS will baffle most folk.

Not had the OPs problem with Strava. Might be worth looking at the entry on the Android Play store, and seeing the reviews. If stuff is broken, people there tend to whine pretty quickly!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.strava&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5zdHJhdmEiXQ..

carlphillips
    Free Member

myself and a few ates have been having problems with it recording rides and crashing over the last 3 weeks?
    no clue about rooting phones etc so dunno if its updated versions or not..??

rockhopper70

Crikey jekkyl. Bit of an over reaction there I think. I genuinely have no idea what you are referring to there and any help would be appreciated. I hereby withdraw the rolling eyes even though that was aimed at myself for being very naive when it comes to it stuff and that/ you also have an apology from me for the apparent disingenuous response to your comment.

Mine updated yesterday and I switched it off and on after (that is a reboot I think)

jam-bo

I’m on iPhone but I record rides with the wahoo app which uploads directly to strava. Works great.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

had my first app crash last week (in over 2 years) nothing since. Try removing and reinstalling the app/update and check the play store/report the issue

rockhopper70

Tried the google store and it showed another update since last night. I might have to revert to my little gps logger and upload manually, as a back up.
    A real first world problem!

tor5
    Free Member

I run strava on cyanogen mod 9.x and 10 nightly just fine. Mind you, my battery connection is a bit temperamental, sometimes find the phone (HTC Sensation) powered off after a particularly bumpy segment…. Good excuse to upgrade 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have you posted your issue? Strava help is really good staffed by people too so send them a report/bug.
    If nobody knows there is a problem then it wont get fixed

rockhopper70

Email sent to starva. I’ll post their response/

jekkyl

Apology accepted mate. I’ve had the problem you describe a number of times and I’ve found it helps when you finish your ride to let the phone pick up the wifi signal before pressing the chequered flag. And also when it’s syncing don’t let the phone go dark and lock, like mine does through inactivity.

PhilO
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s related, but I did a factory reset on my HTC Wildfire a couple of days ago, and have been unable to re-install Strava since. I keep getting a notice saying it’s not compatible with my device, although it worked fine before.

I was vaguely considering a phone upgrade, but would rather not be pushed into it… 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Strava app on android platform. Suddenly unreliable. Anyone else having problems’ is closed to new replies.