Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Strava and electric mountain bikes…
  • gazc
    Free Member

potential for instigating amusing/non-amusing mass Strava panic flagging depending on your viewpoint

BadlyWiredDog

Deveron53 – Member
    The only useful thing about e-trailbikes is that they would help a slower rider keep up with a faster rider to sort of ‘equalise’ the speeds. That way, hubby don’t freeze his whatsits off while waiting for wifey somewhere on Cutgate, a bit like the ride I went on, on the Royal Wedding Bank Holiday a few years ago…

I think we once bumped into you at the Langsett end of Cut Gate. It was a few years back and you were relatively new to the area and working at a bike shop? I was probably on a Ragley… I wonder if it was the same ride 😉

bigrich

your average GPS and the strava algorithm is so innacurate that a few seconds is a load of old bollocks.

ebikes are highly entertaining

would I stop riding my pushy for one? no, but they are a right laff.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

taxi25
    Free Member

If things are the same most places as they are around by me, nothing gets past the Strava police. Anyone appearing on the leaderboard gets intensly scrutinised. If you posted a KOM on an electric bike it would show up like a red rag to a bull for some of the local strava kings. The ride would be flagged almost as soon as it came up 😯

Mbnut
    Free Member

As Jam bo says – relative performance is where it is at for me, both against myself and my friends. Adds an edge but we are all (with one exception 🙄 🙂 :-)) aware that there will be variations in the accuracy of the data.

I am actually not to bad on trail/dh sections but being quite old and rather heavy it is actually getting into the top 30% on a climb that really makes me happy. It started out being the top 60% so Strava can be a good motivational tool.

But the main thing I use it for is to log my mileage, I believe it may have been Ton that stated he wanted to do a certain amount of miles a week, this inspired me so I set a goal of 50 miles a week which pretty much meant riding twice as much as the previous year. I was bang on schedule to till a damaged cartlidge in the knee but I am back on the bike now and looking forward to trying to get the 400 miles I am behind back.

As for electric assist bikes, i was doing some work around a 74 year old fellas house, he showed me his old steel bikes he was racing back in the 70s… then he wheeled out his new electric assist bike, then his twin brother arrived with his and they went out for a 40 miler… brilliant.

Saw an old guy (approx 80) riding round Friston on a years old shopper with a motor last summer, he was on the trails not the fireroad, with his moth eaten colly in tow.

Bit of an essay!! Time for some Ben and Jerrys

dudeofdoom

^ what do you mean? All the ones I’ve seen in the MTB mags are essentially a regular full susser fitted out with motor and battery. You still have to pedal

Yes but you can pedal at 30mph+ and some of the home brew stuff is doing 50+ And yes it should shut down at 15.5mph but off-road mode 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Strava and electric mountain bikes…’ is closed to new replies.