Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Strava activity feed
  • roverpig

Fair enough, but surely you can’t see the ride until they upload it anyway. Isn’t it better for it to pop up at the top of your feed when they upload it rather than be inserted further down because they actually did the ride last week?

But I’m not trying to tell other people how they should use Strava 😮 Each to their own. I was just confused by all this talk of rides being out of order when mine look fine and it took me a while to realise people were talking about other people’s rides not being in order.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

You were either there in which case you wouldn’t need to see it.
    Or you weren’t there and there’s even less need to see it.

I was encouraged to join Strava by a couple of friends and colleagues for whom their only ride time is commuting (due to family, other commitments etc), whereas I’m fortunate enough to have a partner who’s into riding so we get to some interesting places. If my ride is anything beyond a commute or dedicated training ride I’ll try to post an interesting and relevant pic. Strava has become a travel diary (most of our holidays are riding-based, whether on or off-road). If you’re stuck commuting or zwifting then seeing other people managing to get out on cool rides can be motivating/inspiring.

gwurk
    Free Member

There’s a wee group of us locally that ride in the same area and it’s often useful to see where folk have been, see what new stuff they might have found and get an idea of what the current trail conditions might be like. So, if someone has just ridden a trail I might contact them to find out about river levels, felling etc.

Out of interest. How big a group of riders is that? And are they the only riders you follow? or is your activity feed shared with lots of other folk not very local to you and you rarely ever ride with?

scotroutes

If you’re using the VeloViewer Chome Extension then a recent upgrade will let you re-order your Strava feed into chronological order (not tried it yet).

Sorry Gary. I wasn’t ignoring you, I’d just not seen your question. I only spotted it when I came to post that bit about VeloViewer.

Half a dozen in the immediate group. A few more “friends of friends” locally.

As for wider sharing, I actually had no idea but I checked mine and I have 50 or so followers. That’ll mainly be folk I’ve ridden with at some point – here, Edinburgh-ish or wherever else I’ve been. These are the ones I rarely ride with but it’s still interesting to see what they’re up to, even if the specifics of the route mean little or nothing to me. So, I find that Clare has been abroad in the sun, Jason has been buying cake again, that sort of thing. I guess that for these folk, the display order is less critical but the chronology is all part of the story.

weeksy

to see who’s been trespassing in ‘my’ woods

Errrrm 😳

whitestone
    Free Member

Just noticed that there’s now a “Chronological” button at the top of the feed. Given its size (massive) I’m pretty sure it wasn’t there the other day. I’m not on a premium account BTW.

There was also an item in the feed about “posts” which seems to indicate that they are looking more to the social side of things. The page behind the item seemed rather confusing as it wasn’t obvious if posts were attached to activities or appeared separately. There’s a new menu item under the “+” menu to create a post.

scotroutes

Just noticed that there’s now a “Chronological” button at the top of the feed. Given its size (massive) I’m pretty sure it wasn’t there the other day. I’m not on a premium account BTW.

But you have the VeloViewer Chrome extension installed?

fifeandy
    Free Member

There’s a new menu item under the “+” menu to create a post.

Please feel free to forget you ever saw it. If we all forget it exists hopefully we’ll keep the strava we know and not end up with stravabook

whitestone
    Free Member

Could be that Colin but I’ve not updated (or been asked permission to update) any browser extensions. But …

Sat 21 Oct, 2017 – Screen: Chrome Extension – Type: New

“Chronological” button added to Strava dashboard that, when pressed, reorders the activities currently listed by their start date.“

So it looks like it’s that.

@fifeandy – +1 to that.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Strava activity feed’ is closed to new replies.