Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Strava
  • xcracer1
    Free Member

Anyone know if strava uses moving time only for your overall ride, but for segments uses total time (moving plus stops?).

Some ambiguities im picking up on rides?

jam-bo

Segments are total elapsed time.

xcracer1
    Free Member

What about your overall ride, is that just moving time?

jam-bo

For average speed, I think so.

simondbarnes

What about your overall ride, is that just moving time?

Yes

njee20
    Free Member

It is, but it does odd things with the data points, never quite tallies with a Garmin moving time.

jam-bo

It is, but it does odd things with the data points, never quite tallies with a Garmin moving time.

Different moving/stationary threshold?

xcracer1
    Free Member

Only reason i ask is that there is a segment which is the same as my overall ride (trail centre) and the overall ride time is always less than the segment time, which would account for the stops.

deadkenny
    Free Member

As above, the segment time will be overall time including stops (works on entry and exit time for a segment). The main ride time shown is moving time. It also shows the overall time though separately.

If you’re using a Garmin or other device that has auto pause you might find some quirks if auto pause is enabled. I find it’s best to leave Strava to deal with the stops and turn off auto pause.

scotroutes

Another Strava question if I may….

If you’re on a segment that starts at point A and goes to Point Z, stop at point C and go back to Point A, then start towards point Z again, does it cut off the first A-C-A time?

imnotverygood

no

jam-bo

If you go past A turn around and come back through it’ll register as a new attempt. If you just stop at A then maybe.

scotroutes

Ah – I was meaning going past / through A again

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Strava’ is closed to new replies.