Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • strava 2015 achievements
  • jonba
    Free Member

Is there a way to see a list of 2015 KOM. They seem rather vague at the minute. Pick them up and they appear on the ride but there is no record or listing where you can see what you’ve got.

mtbel
    Free Member

that’ll be because you’ve “got” nothing..

there’s the option to view the leaderboard on any strava segment just showing results from this year though.

What’s the point in having a 2015 KOM if you are not as quick as someone who did it in 2014/13/12…..etc?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

I see Strava rates PRs more highly than 2015 KOMs too.

jonba
    Free Member

There is limited point to them if you cant see them. They are there so I was interested.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s an achievement on a given ride. As said, you can filter any segment by year. Theyre pretty meaningless though, obviously on 1st Jan you’ll get hundreds, but they’ll get rarer as the year goes on.

I fear you’re taking Strava a bit seriously.

jonba
    Free Member

I fear you’re taking Strava a bit seriously.

The whole thing is pointless, to argue that one bit of it is any more pointless than another seems a little…pointless.

Anyway, if I keep bouncing this up then maybe I’ll find out if there is an answer. I might check veloviewer, see if they have the information.

larkim
    Free Member

Filter the leaderboard on a given segment by “This year” and you’ll see it. But the KOM title for the year isn’t consolidated anywhere, unlike “proper” KOMs.

nemesis
    Free Member

They’re fairly meaningless as a comparison with other people – as njee said, they’re easy at the start of the year, particularly on less well used trails but most people who race train in seasons so I can see the point of it there to see how you’re progressing through the season. I think that rating them lower than PRs is about right though, it’s just a bit more information rather than an achievement in itself.

rOcKeTdOg

I have at least 5 2015 KOM, not because I am fast it’s because no one has been daft enough to ride the trails through winter like I have

scotroutes

Yeah, my fatbike got a lot of those these past couple of months.

I guess they make some sense where the trail has changed so much that older timings will never be replicated.

mtbel
    Free Member

Yeah, my fatbike got a lot of those these past couple of months.

Wow! on it’s own? 😯

they truly are wonderful these fatbikes aren’t they?

Did wonder why so many owners seem to spend so much more time blogging, talking and taking pics and videos of ’em than actually riding.

scotroutes

😆 It must be easier videoing your “ride” if the bike does the riding for you and all you have to worry about is the filming.

Nah, it’s more a statement regarding the ability of the fatbike to carry on in conditions in which no other bike will cope.

Edit: in my case, it’s certainly not the rider.

medoramas
    Free Member

The “hollow” trophies can show you how much faster you are getting by removing extra layer of clothing when spring is starting showing its arrival! 😆

D0NK

I guess they make some sense where the trail has changed so much that older timings will never be replicated.

yeah, MTB trails (and roads where the layout has been changed) should really have an annual leaderboard as in some cases the trails change so much that no-one has a chance to get close. But as strava is primarily road I wouldn’t hold my breath.

and yeah admittedly this is possibly taking it too seriously.

brakes
    Free Member

New Year KOMs are a great way of getting people off their arses and riding in the winter though aren’t they? Certainly worked for me.

jam-bo

I quite like the 2015 KoM’s.

I know most of the top ten on the leaderboards in our local woods, its handy to see who’s on pace and who’s been lazy over the winter.

timb34
    Free Member

I love’em.

I didn’t think it possible for Strava to make their acheivements even more emphemeral and hollow, but they managed (and with a hollow crown symbol just to rub it in even more).

More seriously, it makes sense for natural trails – we’ve a few round our way that got nearly destroyed in heavy rain and flooding in December, so they are very different now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘strava 2015 achievements’ is closed to new replies.