Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Strathpuffer solo – questions
  • cakefest
    Free Member

A mate is doing the Puffer solo this year. Hmmm. We’re wondering what the route is like. How many miles? How much climbing? Fireroad vs. singletrack?

Anyone out there got a GPS file for the lap? If yes, please can you email to my profile, or point me in the right direction.

heavyman
    Free Member

It’s a tough route, have a look on Youtube there are some vids posted on there from previous years.

breadcrumb

It’s about 6 miles, I think fast-ish lap times are about 40-45 mins IIRC (weather dependent).

Big fire road climb at the start then a mix of single and double track. It cab be a bit sloppy in places.

No severe climbs, quite a good course for the event.

cakefest
    Free Member

Anyone got any idea of amount of climbing? Or even a route profile?

Trying to run some ‘practice’ laps near home in preparation with similar amount of climbing.

heavyman
    Free Member
    scotroutes

I’ve only been round the course once but it does seem that 90% of it is uphill 🙂

breadcrumb

I used Endomondo for the first lap, so this includes the run at the start plus a bit of the climb back to our team for change over.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/43363855/403899

Not sure how to get the gpx file, sorry.

cakefest
    Free Member

breadcrumb, Endomondo won’t let me see that. can you do a screengrab and email/upload a jpeg and send me a link?

breadcrumb

Sure, I’ll do it tomorrow.

breadcrumb

euain

A garmin link if that’s any better for getting info from: Puffer Lap

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Strathpuffer solo – questions’ is closed to new replies.