Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • strathpuffer sleeping bag – cheapskate style ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

anyone got any ideas for a cheap bag for my mate

i have a higear bag i bought before the inagural puffer and its been ace , cant find anything comparible now without spending about 70 quid.

mines was 30. My mates strapped for cash so we are tryign to find sumat to keep him warm cheap.

my suggestion was a bunch of cheap duvets from lidl.

ps who won the first year puffer? , was james leavesley that came second riding for leeds uni using a pair of hl500 commuter lights changing AA batterys every couple of laps – absolute hero.

geoffj

trail_rat
    Free Member

think he would be thrown off site if he turned up in that 😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Army surplus sleeping bag?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Some people use two sleeping bags inside each other, if you happen to already have some lighter weight ones, although two complete summer bags might not be warm enough still. Don’t forget a rolly mat or thermarest thing too, thicker the better. Plus any blankets you have.

If no one will be sleeping in his bed at home, then bring the duvet off that. Don’t forget pillows too – they make a difference.

And wear warm clothes, and make sure you’re really warm before you get in the sleeping bag, cup of tea and cake helps.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cletus thats only -2 comfort , im fairly sure itll be colder than that.

mines is hi gear but its 4 seasons its -10 comfort and -20 survival.

i cant find anything comparible without spending 100 quid ! :O

trail_rat
    Free Member

mrs T-r has already baggesied every other sleeping bag we own – but shes rocking a motorhome with her womans team so should be cushty anyway.

im taking a firepit and a heap o logs fae the store to keep camp pikeys in a transit warm

geoffj

Can you not just hot bunk? Presumably you’re a running as a pair?

trail_rat
    Free Member

quading it up.

Gunz
    Free Member

Army surplus all the way. They pack down to about the size of a small car and weigh about the same but if those two factors aren’t a consideration they are bloody warm.

trail_rat
    Free Member

gunz you win .

arctic -20 bag on fleebay for 25 quid.

job done.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Motor home hire for 3 days for 159 quid on group on today, would be perfect for the puffer. Sleeps 6, so realistically 4 plus gear.

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye but get it at all dirty and youll pay through the nose.

the transit we have is LWB high top pikey converted. – like most of the vws you see on here.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘strathpuffer sleeping bag – cheapskate style ?’ is closed to new replies.