Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • StrathPuffer icy today 29 Dec
  • epicyclo

Took a trip around the ‘Puffer today. Pretty icy, really should have used ice tyres.

Very similar to the 2008 conditions.

Follow the link to see the full set.

Basically the fire roads were slick but with a thin rideable strip at the edges, there was a line on most of the singletrack (usually the edge), and it was mainly clear in the woods. The View Rock descent was also mainly clear, but had about 60 metres of deadly slick ice.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ive been riding in the snow most days but today i gambled with culbin forest. very icy walkers path from nairn that couldnt be ridden but once into the forest the conditions werent that bad.great sunset but oh what a stink of chit before you get into the woods. cant they do something about the stink?

Its enough to put you off visiting the town.

merry xmas by the way!

jojoA1
    Free Member

EEK, and I was slush riding today for practice 🙁 Best dig out the spikes…

twinklydave

Noooooooooo! 🙁

Bloomin’ hate sheet ice.
    Got the tyres, done as much riding on it as anyone would want to
    still hate it.

Bring back last year’s snow! 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

chillax

It’s aaaages off yet.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is it ironic that a word that originates from chill and relax is the most infuriating word in the english language?

terrahawk
    Free Member

why do you think I used it?

banginon

i still have nightmares about the 2008 puffer!!!!

epicyclo

With a bit of luck this lot will be melted soon…

devs
    Free Member

It will be gone, be back and be deep powder again by then! They are talking about holding off weather patterns again but no deep snow so I’m hoping for frozen grippy mud. I think I have bikes and tyres for all eventualities but I also have beer and a tent.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

coming down view rock had all been like this:

Then i came across this…
    and i must say i was quite angry…
    that is, until i saw this…

If i hadnt seen those logs I would have had a serious crash, since the ice was very slippery and it was a sharp corner with a few trees on the outside…

whoever put those logs there, Thank you! (my suspects are epicyclo and Alek)

epicyclo

Innocent – but they were a good idea.

I blessed the trail fairies…

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Im sure the Highrollers would cope with that ice 😉
    Cullen-bay, can you not persued Bert to ride on a team, I hear he’s marshalling now as 2 of his team have dropped out! I would haveridden if i wasn’t stuck in a dusty desert miles away!!
    Good luck, hope the snow stays soft for you all like last year.

Mick

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Chipbutty, last time i spoke to bert he had a team! Il get hold of him one way or another and try and get him back into it! No way am i not watching him put himself through all that misery for another year.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘StrathPuffer icy today 29 Dec’ is closed to new replies.