Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strathpeffer
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Planning a trip next week for a couple of days. Anyone know any good routes around there? Never been but done Aviemore a lot, Laggan and all that so no need to repeat that lot on the way up.

Any natural or even trail centre suggestions in that neck of the woods would be much appreciated.

churcherian
    Free Member

Contin forest just outside Strathpeffer where they hold the Strathpuffer 24 hr race has some pretty good bits. I would suggest popping into Square Wheels cycles in the village square and they will point you in the right direction.

trail_rat
    Free Member

lots of trails beyond the puffer course, found some excellent downhills last time i was there !

dmiller
    Free Member

Contin forest just outside Strathpeffer where they hold the Strathpuffer 24 hr race has some pretty good bits. I would suggest popping into Square Wheels cycles in the village square and they will point you in the right direction.

+1 I would suggest do the strathpuffer route as a guide but follow the locals tire tracks when they grab your interest. Lots of fun to be had!

dmiller
    Free Member

Sh*t just realised who it is that started the thread! I have the OS 1:25k map for the area and a map of the SP route dude. Can drop them off at some point. Lots of fun to be had up there! All of it will be fun for you + your other half. Its a nice balance.

When are you going up?

David.

druidh
    Free Member

Golspie and Balblair aren't too far away.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Sweet, thanks everyone. I'll stay local but might have a look at Golspie and Balblair if they're fairly close too.

David – dunno yet, whenever I can get there! I'll give you a shout in the "real world" before I go.

dmiller
    Free Member

I get discount emails for that hotel I was telling you about. To be honest tho make up a reasonable offer and say you saw it in the sunday paper (normally £80pp for 2 nights dinner bed and breakfast) and they will usually just go aye whatever thats fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strathpeffer’ is closed to new replies.