Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Strap On Rear
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

After a rear light I can easily swap between bikes

What should I be looking at £20 max

Cheers

stevied
    Free Member

Anything with a rubber band fitting? Lezyne do loads like this:

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve just got a moonlight ring very good USB Rechargeable too and came with strap on quick mounts and a belt clip too for saddlebags

bonesetter
    Free Member

Yeah. USB rechargable sounds good

Yak

If you can stretch another tenner, then the Moon Shield 60 is very good.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Your’e not coming near my rear with a strap on

Seriously the Lezyne lights shown are very good, they’re thirty quid but rechargeable and very bright with variable settings

STATO
    Free Member

The side visibility on the lezyne looks poor so ive got an exposure TraceR which is nice, more expensive tho.

Northwind

Came for the innuendo, stayed for the possibly useful information

sweepy
    Free Member

I too came for the off colour jokes, slow start, firestarters ‘moonlight ring’ looked promising but we had to wait for potatohead for a serous attempt. What have we come to.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Well done guys for coming in – almost an epic STW fail 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Phaart… well it is the rear…
    Seriously though – just get 2
    or 3
    or even 4!!
    You’ll have change for chips.

TiRed

Cateye. Band mounts are poor by comparison with a proper mounting system (for which you need to pay a little more).

Two rapid micros, one on the saddle rails, the other on the seat tube.

Of course bands have a place on an aero integrated seat post, but I still use a saddle mount (Fizik cateye). And always two lights

jimw
    Free Member

Not a popular make,but I have had one of these and they are bright and highly visible from the side. Takes seconds to transfer from bike to bike and it has proved to be secure. As I have bikes with 27.2. 30.9 and 31.6 mm seatposts, it is invaluable

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.RSP-Urban-8-LED-Rear-Light_40000.htm?sku=100171&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CI6s7r7zv8gCFUsYGwodmEQLrA

Not rechargeable though-uses AAA. Batteries last about 20-40hrs depending on flashing mode

andyl
    Free Member

I just did what hammyuk did. Some cheap £1.99 but damn bright LED lights from On One and have one on each bike. I never leave home without one then and just use rechargeable batteries in them.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve been using one of the cheap as chips ones for a very long time

In fact, the original batteries failed and their BB date was 2010

I thought I would keep this as a spare and get a decent light, but I’m having second thoughts

tomhoward

I’ve used fibre flare ones for the last 2-3 years. Some have reported issues with weatherproofing but no such bother for me. Great side visibility too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Strap On Rear’ is closed to new replies.