Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Strangers in the night…
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I was staying at White Laggan bothy in Galloway

Spookily similar story in the same location.

My then GF and I stayed at that bothy back in 2001. 20 mins after we arrived a couple of elderly chaps (mid 50’s) rolled up. They were very pleasant, friendly and we had a good laugh and in all honesty we were both grateful to have some company for the night as it was out first time staying in a bothy (Besides, as I was a fit 20 year old I foolishly felt confident that if these two 50 somethings wanted trouble I could take em on!).

When we woke the next morning they had already gone and we discovered our rucksack had been ‘raided’. Nothing of any value had been taken at all. The only thing missing were two pairs of my GFs pants and the box of her ‘absorbent ladies things’!!!

It was, to say the least, a little disconcerting.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Freudian slip?

I have no idea what you’re on about sir.

:mrgreen:

project
    Free Member

In your dream you imagine a man, running in the darkness towards the bothy.

You wake up as the man in your dream launches himself through the front door.

You poo your pants as the man in your dream now appears to be standing above you as you lie on the floor.

That was my Saturday night.

The man was called Michael and seemed to be either drunk, hypothermic or mentally handicapped (or all of the above). He’d had an epic and got lost, then he found us. We gave him some water and food, made sure he was OK and then we lay on our backs for the rest of the night with our eyes wide open, with Michael sleeping close by. Longest night of my life.

Thanks for looking after me, sorry if i scared you.

Michael.

matt_outandabout

i lol’d again

Wookster

LoL at the Mike OConnor comments!!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Strangers in the night…’ is closed to new replies.