Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Stranger Things 2
  • footflaps

The intro music / credits reminds me of Tron….

Really enjoying S2, only two episodes in so far…

jimjam
    Free Member

LittleNose – Member

Good to see Paul Glaiser Reiser back, took me a while to put a name to the face.

FTFY
    Took me a while to figure out where I’d seen him before too. I hope he lives up to “Burke” [/quote]

Yeah thanks. I realised I’d made that mistake – I must have been thinking of Glaser because he directed The Running Man which I watched recently.

Lol – I wondered if ‘Starsky’ was going to pop up in a later episode.

Had a ‘recognise the face’ off with Mrs STR last night – I didn’t know the name, but recognised him from Beverley Hills Cop and a few others – she didn’t have a clue, but realised when I mentioned My Two Dads

corroded
    Free Member

Exceeded expectations. A lot. But then I’m textbook Gen X.

‘Don’t do that.’

fossy

Binge watched the lot over 2 days. Very good.

jimjam
    Free Member

Just finished it this evening. All in all pretty good but I have to say the later half of ep8 and the beginning of ep9 were annoyingly shit, and things got incredibly convoluted towards then end but meh…still goo overall.

leffeboy

Not finished yet but much preferred it to the first series which seemed to spend to much effort recreating the period. This seems more scary and more emotional. Loving it

seosamh77
    Free Member

Overall I thought it was great, didn’t disappoint, thought the diverted episode was a bit odd, but since they made it 9 episodes instead of 8 that didn’t bother too much. I think perhaps they are just testing the water there to see how much they can actually change it in S3.. dunno.

molgrips
    Free Member

The story itself is pretty standard fare for the genre, but the quality is in the writing. The pace is quick and there’s none of the usual waffle where they drag out plot points like in normal TV shows. There’s no filler. The episodes are all different lengths, as if they needed to tell each section at its own proper pace, not in 42 minute slots.

The other notable quality is character development. I love how the main characters both conform to and defy their own stereotypes.

rone

Only Ep1 for me but a big shout for the technicals – shot on a Red Weapon in 8K for 6K in the edit, and 4K final broadcast.

Looks staggering, way beyond what we can see at home but the richness is immense.

Same as Mindhunter, but with a much richer palette.

Drac

Just finished. That was brilliant love the touches of nostalgia and tributes they chuck in, great story line and the acting is superb especially the kids.

Now want a 4K TV even more as cinematography is beautiful.

BillOddie

Finished it off last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    MVP = Will
    Best Newcomer = Billy
    Most Improved = Steve
    S2 Barb = Bob

Not sure Eleven’s little roadtrip did much to add to the story…

nickc

finished it last night. Didn’t have the impact of S1 (but these things rarely do tbf) some mishaps with the script. “seriously?” and “Random” were far too 21stC ever to have been said by teenagers in 1984…Story was a bit obvious.

BUT…character development was ace, nostalgia score was high, and jumpy bits were jumpy and comedy bits were chuckle-some

8/10

jimjam
    Free Member

BillOddie – Member

Not sure Eleven’s little roadtrip did much to add to the story…

Nothing. The fact that she was bleeding out of her other nostril, and levitating, and having flashbacks to incidents that made her angry were sufficient to illustrate that if she focuses on her anger she can be stronger. I guess the mother bit paid off at the end but meh.

Maybe they are thinking about sequels spin-offs and expanded universe stuff with the 008 girl and other test subjects but it was pretty pointless.

Basically the character with God like powers had to be elsewhere or the show would have been over in 4 episodes.

km79
    Free Member

BillOddie – Member

Not sure Eleven’s little roadtrip did much to add to the story… It didn’t but it leaves them options for future seasons.

molgrips
    Free Member

Showdown between her and the Indian girl, presumably. Hope it doesn’t end up like Heroes.

The Indian girl was an interesting character though – she seemed nice but when you think about it everything she did was self centred and she is rather used to getting her own way…

seosamh77
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Showdown between her and the Indian girl, presumably. Hope it doesn’t end up like Heroes.

The Indian girl was an interesting character though – she seemed nice but when you think about it everything she did was self centred and she is rather used to getting her own way…

aye she’s definitely not a goodie! 😆

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

Can’t see how useful 008’s mind trickery would be in saving earth in a pan dimensional pickle with demodogs everywhere.

jimjam
    Free Member

london_lad_liam – Member

Can’t see how useful 008’s mind trickery would be in saving earth in a pan dimensional pickle with demodogs everywhere.

Well if a shadow monster from an alternative dimension possess one of your buddies then you can trick him into thinking he’s somehwere that he’s not so that the dema-dogs can’t go to him because he doesn’t know where he is, despite them being psychically linked and aforementioned dema-dogs being blind……..

lambchop
    Free Member

Great television. Perfect timing releasing it near Halloween. Bring on season 3

rene59
    Free Member

Third season has been confirmed and a fourth being the final one is likely.

jolmes
    Free Member

Third season has been confirmed and a fourth being the final one is likely.

Heard they had already started filming/finished seasons 3/4 as they didn’t want the kids to hit that awkward stage of puberty and the timelines thrown off.

Wasnt impressed with the 008 story line part, seemed just like a boring filler episode. Will watch the last episode tonight as the bake off was far more important viewing last night in our house hold…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just finished! Loved it. So many good memories of being a kid in the 80s. The soundtrack to every episode is awesome!!!! Really hope they don’t ruin it by dragging it out to 10 series or the like. Great telly..

PrinceJohn

Am I the only person who thought episode 7 was any good? I enjoyed watching 11’s journey and that she couldn’t be manipulated.
    Plus it was a proper hoorah moment when she returned…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just finished it. Brilliant stuff.

redsox
    Free Member

I liked it, the plot was a but stretched out and just seemed to be more of the first one, but at least it didn’t feel as poe faced and serious as most of the drama stuff out there.

Hopefully they’ll tie it up in no more than one or two more series otherwise all the nostalgia might get a bit tiresome

stevomcd
    Free Member

Loved it!

Was never going to be able to match the “what the ^&*^ is going on!?” suspense of the first series, but happy enough with more of the same!

Only disappointments were Billy & Max. There was a suggestion of some mystery behind them when they first showed up, but in the end they really contributed nothing to the story, other than Max’ 2 very lightweight love triangles. You could have cut all their lines from the whole series and it would have made no difference to the story.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

For Stranger Things 1:

[video]https://youtu.be/A8ScwhLh7uo[/video]

😆

Drac

😆

tenfoot

The episodes are all different lengths, as if they needed to tell each section at its own proper pace, not in 42 minute slots.

I noticed Mindhunter was the same. The beauty of watching Netflix generated stuff, I guess as they tell each part of the story in the length it takes to tell it.

I thought it was better than season one. Once we finished EP9, we got directed to a back-up programme called Beyond Stranger Things which has cast and director interviews.

IHN

Apologies, but slightly late to the party, finished the series last night. Absolutely loved it, apart from:

– Episode Seven; nutter sister added nothing other than an opening for something in subsequent series

– The ending; I think it would have been better and braver to end it at the ball, with them all living happily ever after. A much ‘truer’ 80’s ending, and more series run the risk of it going from ‘quirky and imaginative’ to ‘just getting a bit silly now’.

jimjam
    Free Member

IHN – Member

– The ending; I think it would have been better and braver to end it at the ball, with them all living happily ever after. A much ‘truer’ 80’s ending, and more series run the risk of it going from ‘quirky and imaginative’ to ‘just getting a bit silly now’.

Remind me please IHN, what happened after the ball? (clearly I should not drink and Netflix).

IHN

They were dancing happily in the ball, then it flipped to the Upside Down, where the Shadow Monster was looming over the school….

(even though they’d closed The Gate, thus saving the world)

rone

They were dancing happily in the ball, then it flipped to the Upside Down, where the Shadow Monster was looming over the school….

I thought that camera shot was brilliant to end on. So well done.

dumbbot
    Free Member

As visually crisp and stunning as it is, I don’t think I could over state how important the soundtrack from Kyle Dixon, Michael Stein is to the whole Stranger Things experience.

Rich, dense and textured emotive synths arps..it’s like the best parts of Vangelis, Carpenter, Tangerine Dream, Brad Fiedel, Jan Hammer etc all the together.

IHN

Agreed, the soundtrack is amazing. LOVE the main theme.

kelron
    Free Member

Finished it the other night. It’s still good but I feel like it’s lost the tension.

I get the first season was playing off horror tropes and maybe the change in tone is deliberate, but they’ve replaced the mysterious and half hidden threat with a monster shown from the start and a bunch of dogs.

woody2000

Didn’t quite grab me as much as Series 1, but I liked it nonetheless. Hopefully it won’t drag on into a 5 plus series “re-hash of the same scenario” (I see you Walking Dead…) snoozefest. Definitely hinting at a 3rd series with the ending though 😕

A dedicated Dustin episode would be good though 🙂

IHN

A dedicated Dustin episode would be good though

Amen 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

Haven’t been able to get through ST2. I just don’t enjoy the monster, with his stupid mouth head. And 11, she’s lost all her mystery.
    Put me in the meh camp please.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Stranger Things 2’ is closed to new replies.