Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Strange website/credit card thing – anyone heard of this?
  • sc-xc

This is weird.

Just ordered a tent from http://www.breakoutdoors.co.uk as per my last thread. Was umming and Arring, so my name/address details were on the page for a while.

I pressed submit, and the phone rings. A guy – who navigated to the site called me after seeing my details on the page. He read them all out to me…name, address, phone number etc.

How has this happened. Have emailed the site (partner site to outdoorworlddirect.co.uk) but am pretty spooked. Just canceled credit card, but wtf is going on?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

A gut rang you? You bought a ten?

sc-xc

guy/tent

sc-xc

I should add – this guy was a customer, another member of the public who wanted to buy a tent. Not a member of staff from the site.

Xylene
    Free Member

what tent did you order?

Militant_biker

I’ve once had something similar happen; wife ordered some train tickets online, confirmation email to her address listed our postal address but someone else’s journey and card details. On the phone, the customer services couldn’t have been more unhelpful “perhaps you asked someone to order your tickets?”, “you must have given your email address away”. Nothing untoward happened, nothing was charged to my wife’s card.

I put it down to inept session handling by websites. At a guess.

chvck
    Free Member

I put it down to inept session handling by websites. At a guess.

Aye, that’s what it sounds like to me.

sc-xc

You reckon I’ll be good for a discount with them? For my trauma?

molgrips
    Free Member

Always press ‘logout’ folks.

5lab

i once (10 years ago or so) had yahoo mail flick to someone elses account. I was using my own pc at home, so I know who’d been there, slightly worried me someone might have had the same with my info

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Strange website/credit card thing – anyone heard of this?’ is closed to new replies.