Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • strange things you see on your commute…
  • samuri
    Free Member

I ride along a popular dogging path.

I’ve had a guy in a car flashing his lights at me.
    Seen naked, errm middle aged women running around. Two men in a car, you know, having fun.

There’s always loads of middle aged fat bloke milling around. One night I found three blokes looking very happy with themselves walking down the path with A WOMAN! She looked absolutely bladdered but still quite chirpy.

pirahna
    Free Member

People with phenomenally bright lights on the front of their bicycles in broad daylight, more often than not set to flash.

I think this is a good idea. As a cyclist it might look a bit shit, as someone in a car, on a motorcycle or as a pedestrian it make sense.

The next time you’re not on a bike but see a cyclist take a look at the clothing they’re wearing and how they blend into the background. Doing something to make yourself stand out is a pretty good survival tactic.

CountZero

People with phenomenally bright lights on the front of their bicycles in broad daylight, more often than not set to flash. That and the occasional UFO, which I put down to damaged retina.

Makes sense, sorta; hi-viz just doesn’t work from the front when a rider is leant forward, wearing a rucksack, the amount of area that shows the hi-viz is negligible. I’d rather not bother, just put a bright flashing LED on the front.

BillMC

Cycled past a bloke who was walking from his car to his house normally attired apart from no trousers.
    ‘Good morning’ I say.
    ‘I was caught there’ he says.
    ‘Her husband will be along in a minute,’ says I.
    We both laughed as I cycled off.

breadcrumb

Not on my commute but riding from Skiddaw House to Mosedale there was 2 portly half naked blokes in the last sheep pen. My mate said that there was a third guy on his hands and knees.

I’m sure they had a perfectly good explanation.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘strange things you see on your commute…’ is closed to new replies.