Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • strange things you see on your commute…
  • gonzy
    Free Member

saw 2 things…
    first one was 4 police vans parked at the side of the road with lights flashing, as i went past i spotted a guy lying face down on the ground, he’d been handcuffed but there were now 6 officer using him as a park bench…a bit excessive dont you think?

second one was 2 drunk blokes…a short one (about 5’4″) and a tall one (about 6’4″)…they were arguing with each other…they were east european judging by what they were slurring but little one was repeatedly trying to knock 7 shades out of the big one…i wish i had my phone so i could have recorded the comedy fight…

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think if you say something like “fair cop, guv” then they walk you to the van, if you want a scrap they sit on you until you have been trussed up like an animal.

Was he holding his head at arms reach?

Freester

The highlight of my commute is usually meeting the pack of local hunt hounds going in the other direction. Farking big things a bit unnerving as they swarm round you heading in the other direction while I am sat on my bike.

Watch out for the massive doo doos left on the road. I really must have a word with the master and ask why the hands don’t pick it up off the road…

gonzy
    Free Member

Was he holding his head at arms reach?

they were both that drunk they were staggering about all over the place but at one point it did like he was trying to do that…

jamj1974

Once saw a naked middle aged lady looking out of an upstairs window using the windowsill as ‘support’ for her chest … That wasn’t a good commute… 🙁

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bradford

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Men in lycra on silly skinny wheeled bikes 🙁 Have yet to see anything stranger than that 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Panicky squirrels zigzagging across the path in front of me clearly in a dilemma as to whether to drop the acorn to help them avoid the big bloke on the bike bearing down on them.

brakes
    Free Member

Bromptons

qwerty
    Free Member

Large pink vibrator lying in the middle of a very rural country lane. It looked very lost.

jp-t853

I saw a Macaw flying over the road. They are huge when you see them in flight

scruff
    Free Member

On Tuesday a squirrel leapt of a 5ft bank at me, hit my front tyre, bounced of forks then onto road and ran off.

wilburt
    Free Member

Wednesday this week – two apache helicopters circling low overhead(Im glad there on my side).
    Last week- lady muck taking a dump in the corner of an onion field “can one not get privacy anywhere”?
    Strangest though- last year middle of winter crossing a heath very late with that fog/mist that sits at waist hight I came across this old boy who looked like Einstein staring up at the sky. I asked if he was OK but didnt get a reply so just left before he turned in a werewolf..or something.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

I disturbed a young lady squatting in a lane relieving herself (wee-wee wise) just the other day. About 16:30 in the afternoon, broad daylight.

When you gotta go….

woody2000

Saw a Gocycle last night. It was odd because the chap riding it looked like he should have been in London; nice suit & shoes, very smart (I’m actually in mucky Brighouse, a grimmish little northern town 200 miles away from London!).

He also only rode it about 1/2 a mile if that, and would have been quicker walking. If that’s his regular commute, he’s definitely wasted the best part of £3K on it. And he rode like he’d no idea how to ride a bike!

Also went past a shop with an interesting name over the door, imagine my disappointment when I found out it was a kitchen shop

DezB
    Free Member

I once saw a car driver use their indicators correctly.

Nah, must’ve been a dream.

sandwicheater

A photo shoot and luckily was for lady bikinis. Unluckily for the ladies it was blooming freezing.

A fast food delivery guy in car down a nice little singletrack. Was very lost and pretty much got his car stuck. Impressed he got so far down the path.

A lady and gent doing things to each other they shouldn’t in public.

johndoh
    Free Member

A very old lady taking a pee whilst trying to hold onto her dog’s lead. I tried my best not to disturb either of them but it didn’t work and it didn’t end well as the dog bolted for me and pulled her over.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ve got a load of Parrots in Greenwich Park now, so them..

lunge

Nothing that can compete her. The odd semi-naked person in the window, a few drunks but nothing overly exciting.

ransos
    Free Member

A partially decomposed body in the river.

mattrgee
    Free Member

A ‘bubbly’ lady draped over a convertable BMW. Not a pretty sight.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I tried a different route to work and rode past a man with his hand down his ladyfriend’s trousers. I said ‘nice morning for it’ and carried on past.

What I didn’t realise was that my new route was actually a dead end and I had to turn round and ride back past them. When I got back to them she was launching into a massive “I told you so” tirade and he was looking very sheepish.

2tyred

Canal towpath through rough area of Glasgow, winter.

Surface of canal frozen but thin in the middle.

Drunk guy among reeds at edge holding large branch out to companion near the middle of the canal.

Companion has one hand on other end of branch, other hand holding smaller branch of his own.

End of smaller branch on fire.

Inches beyond flaming end of smaller branch is partially burnt corpse of quite large dog, half submerged through broken ice.

Still can’t figure it out.

johndoh
    Free Member

LOL!!!!!!!!

hjghg5
    Free Member

This is more something I didn’t see, but on Tuesday evening I cycled down the cyclepath on the top pictue no more than two minutes before flames were spotted and the fire brigade was called (I checked my Garmin log to confirm the timing…)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-29442712

😯

Dibbs
    Free Member

I saw quite a few bats on my Thursday morning commute, probably after the insects attracted by my bike lights.

takisawa2

A couple of Zebras grazing happily as can be, along with a Gazelle type creature.
    Not what you expect to see along the Walsall Road. (They were with the Circus.)

oxym0r0n

Random shoes – often!

senorj

A couple taking a walk hand in hand every morning at 5.25am.
    The bloke who pushes his bike up the same hill every day at 5.35am.
    Once met a French man who had fallen asleep on a night bus ,expecting to be in Trafalgar sq.
    He was in High Barnet.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

People on the worst imaginable BSO with a high vis on, no helmet, a rucksack, upside down handlebars, back to front forks, vertical brakes and two flat tyres.

Dangerous.

funkmasterp

I need to move somewhere more exciting. All I see is other miserable looking people on their way to work. My commute only becomes momentarily thrilling when I get to scalp a roadie or avoid death by automobile

pk13

I’ve kind of been on the other end of this. Out very early in the morning when deli belly comes calling I pushed on but it had to be.
    In the middle of nowhere on a bridleway I ducked behind a bush to be ill. Out of the blue 3 men in nice suits and shoes walk strait past me I have no idea where they came from or there destination. 3+ miles of nowt apart from the odd farm around. They never even looked at me heads down walking in dirt and cow poo.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

At 6am one old winter morning two ladyboys holding hands wobbling drunk along the path beside the Rhine in Cologne… Then five minutes later a Mexican with full size Sombrero and Cape, cowboy boots and huge moustache… It was the day after carnival.

garage-dweller

I saw a guy walking on the top of the railings above the Itchen river from the train yesterday. All casual with headphones in and a 6ft+ drop to the river.

If you travel between the Northam train care depot and bitterne its the bit with the board walk.

Cougar

I’ve kind of been on the other end of this.

Likewise, but involved a girl rather than dysentery. Same MX biker rode past us half a dozen times.

pondo

Rode past a 911 in slow moving traffic yesterday, woman driving wasn’t looking at the road – as i got alongside i saw she was reading a book to the child in the car seat. Nice.

johndoh
    Free Member

At least she was reading to her child, you’ve got to give her that.

thomthumb
    Free Member

If you travel between the Northam train care depot and bitterne its the bit with the board walk.

i cycle that most days; I often see weird stuff there!

this week i saw a FAT lorry driver having a wash out of a ice cream tub – he looked at me like i was in his bathroom!!

wordnumb
    Free Member

strange things you see on your commute…

People with phenomenally bright lights on the front of their bicycles in broad daylight, more often than not set to flash. That and the occasional UFO, which I put down to damaged retina.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘strange things you see on your commute…’ is closed to new replies.