Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Strange things you see on the side of the road…………….
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

On the way home today from a ride I spotted a whole bunch of bananas on the side of the road …..

Anyone else seen any strange objects while on a ride ..

Blower
    Free Member

how about strange things on the trail?

peteimpreza

A single whole and undamaged tomato

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yes and on the trail

Drac

Lots of snow socks now the snow has gone from the side of the road.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Once saw a tuareg having a **** in a ditch at the side of a road in Algeria

13thfloormonk

I saw some bananas today as well.

Also a very big, and very dead, Pine Marten 🙁 Gives me a chance to appreciate the claws on those things though, would give any dog something to think about!

jordie
    Free Member

ther is always alot of single shoes about the local roads

cnud
    Free Member

Load of carrots down the jump track?

racefaceec90

i was lucky enough to see a very much alive and well pine marten.i was shocked as i live in devizes wiltshire.the pine marten crossed the trail in front of me,stopped looked at me,then scarpered.also one time (not at band camp)as i was stopped on the ridgeway near to silbury hill,eating an apple.a weasel popped it’s head up from long grass and looked at me,then scarpered.i threw my apple core towards where it was (if it wanted it,not because i hate weasels)i was well chuffed. 😀

bloodynora
    Free Member

On the way back from my local trails on the main rd its mostly rubbish I see, along with the odd bottle of Truckers Tizer, nice

Ambrose

Am I being stupid? What is a snow sock?

thomthumb
    Free Member

eurovision LP 😕

rondo101
    Free Member

A weasel or stoat (not sure which) with a not-quite-dead rabbit. Didn’t realise how much noise rabbits make when they’re about to die.

redted
    Free Member

A dismembered deer, ie head, legs, all its innards. Alot of poaching going on in our area and they seem to be butchering them at the roadside now. Pretty grim find really but I guess it’s not a huge priority to the police.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Once had the misfortune to pass lots (and I mean lots) of soiled toilet paper and a large empty box that evidently contained an enormous dildo 😯

Pieface

A sizeable butt plug and nobbly dildo by the side of Redmires reservoirs

donsimon
    Free Member

Milton Keynes!

martinxyz
    Free Member

nice. looks like i will be skipping dinner then!

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

I saw a whole prawn on the Pennine Bridleway near Glossop. I was fascinated for ages until I realised it was part of a dog turd 🙁

flatfish
    Free Member

A sealed bag of spinach which was still in date.

CountZero

Picked up a couple of small furry toys that had obviously fallen out of cars, one still had it’s label attached. Bit sad, really, a kid somewhere was upset because their little soft toy was lost somewhere by the side of the road. Still got them, a little Orca and a little hare. Once saw the most incredible fight between a stoat and a rabbit rolling over and over in the middle of the road, while a blackbird flapped and shrieked and bounced around the pair. The stoat let go of the rabbit, which had it away on it’s toes up the lane, while the stoat, rather distracted by the ruckus the blackbird was kicking up, looked around for a second or two then ran into a field. This was seven or eight feet in front of me. Amazing sight. Also saw a stoat ambling along a cycle path towards me so I stopped and watched it as it came towards me, and it got right below me, stopped, looked straight up at me, then toddled off into the grass. Couldn’t believe it. Had a baby wren perch on my back tyre while I was stopped out on the bike one day. Cute little thing, like a fat feathery bumblebee.

wrightyson
    Free Member

A red kite dragging its kill from the roadside literally 10m infront of us as if we weren’t there!! Awesome sight!

a badger at night, pretty spooky!!!

and a couple at it on a bench!!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

A bloke pretending to be a car, holding a number plate and driving the wrong way.

slimtubing
    Free Member

millions of single shoes, Hi viz vests and nappies.
    Have found at least 3 pairs of wearable sunglasses including some Oakley Zeros.

ononeorange

A little patch of dry

Dancake
    Free Member

On a late night ride, saw a chap lying in a ditch off a deserted road. His bike was layed down and his lights were on. We asked if he was ok and he was insistant we let him be. On reflection, think he may have been being fellated

Over a period of a week, I must have spotted 4 car wheel nuts along various places on my regular ride to work. Never seen one since

Oh and the road outside my house was crawling with frogs once

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I found this lying at the side of the road. It had fell out of a tree and was too lazy to climb back onto it. It’s still holding the snapped branch.

alaric

An eagle feeding on a tortoise (actually in the middle of the road, not at the side, but I’m sure it qualifies 😉 ).

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

A female mink with 5 little ones. They were on the bank of a stream just by the path – made quite a racket.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

On its way to the side of the road:

Side of the trail:

samuri
    Free Member

Do i win?

toy by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

as i said on your photo, you should pic up your litter!

baldSpot
    Free Member

Yes!

Ambrose

Why does your novelty bar end have the shrink wrapping on it still?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Once saw a tuareg having a **** in a ditch at the side of a road in Algeria

I once saw a **** in a VW Toureg. This was on the a23 near Croydon.

racefaceec90

i forgot to add,one day i was out cycling with my friend (near calne).i stopped in a lay by to wait for friend.opposite me was a farm building.as i waited a pigeon flew over the hut right towards me,followed closely by a kestrel.as soon as they saw me both birds crash landed next to me on the lay by.the pigeon then proceeded to fly through a metal bar gate that was by the lay by (and closely followed by said kestrel.i was really worried that they had hurt themselves)the kestrel dived and caught the pigeon in the field (crash landed)the pigeon escaped and took off again (followed by kestrel) when a load of crows started to divebomb the kestrel and the pigeon got away. i was completely dumbfounded (my mate by the way didn’t see any of it,when i told him of this!)

cheshirecat
    Free Member

A black bear on the trail we were just about to ride
    But it was in Canada (but only about 15km from downtown Ottawa)

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Strange things you see on the side of the road…………….’ is closed to new replies.