Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Strange things you have used for the first time…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

My mate in the LBS got this in as
    a) it was going cheap
    b) I needed to bleed my brakes and hadn’t got it quite right last time

After a bit of messing round and some faffing trying to find a schrader tube we set too and it seems to be really simple and effective 🙂 Also provided some amusement over a beer…

Next plan is to see if it can be adapted to bleed any other brakes

Edit it also brought this to mind
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WCvULMRUq8[/video]

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s very similar to what used to be the official Hope bleed kit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It is the official hope bleed kit came in a hope box and everything

iolo
    Free Member

I used one of these the other day. Now my life is complete.

muddy9mtb

is that one of these? they are great things if so
    101 uses for tampons

Yak

Isn’t that a tampet, not a tampon?

[flashback to my worst teenage summer job – packing and QA for tampets…]

wwaswas

Do read the notes about what pressure to have the tyre you use as an air source at. More than once. And not just think ‘a bit more than that can’t hurt’.

I used the space saver out of my car which was at about 40psi.

It was about 15 years ago and I’m still finding stuff with brake fluid on it at the back of the shed.

Yak

iolo – is that a garlic rubbing thing?

legend
    Free Member

wwaswas – Membe

It was about 15 years ago and I’m still finding stuff with brake fluid on it at the back of the shed.

and this is why every shop I know quickly gave up on them. Great in theory, fluid everywhere in practice.

Xylene
    Free Member

Yesterday, I brought a man in with divining rods to find a new place for a well. I had a go, it didn’t work, he had a go it worked. very odd.

whith his assitant a giant lady body that looked like me in a dress with long red hair who was his assistant marking places on the ground with sticks.

A thoroughly bizarre but entertaining morning.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Quirrel- we occasionally use them at work. I think I’m the only one that they work for, and I don’t believe in them. Which is strange.

Xylene
    Free Member

Do you use metal or willow?

sazter

The garlic rubbing thing above… I used a well cleaned section of inner tube for a free version of the same thing! 🙂 bloody tightwad.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Never used an EZI Bleed on MTB’s but regularly use them on cars I work on. Makes the job super easy IMO

I did however use ‘Pagaent.exe'(sorry for geek content) for the first time a few weeks ago. Never knew it existed and now my remote logins are so much easier

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

The mod button on a scientific calculator.

Northwind

wwaswas – Member

I used the space saver out of my car which was at about 40psi.

I homemade an adaptor for mine to work with the motorbike, said adaptor made a decent size hole in my forehead when I exploded it, which took my mind off the faceful of dot 4.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Strange things you have used for the first time…’ is closed to new replies.