Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Strange things are happening in my old house again.
  • DT78
    Free Member

Buy some cheap ip cameras – look at clever dog on amazon. They record on movement. You will probably get loads of alerts from moths and such (turn off the leds) but you should also catch rouge fire alarms going for a wander about….

Seeing it recorded might freak you out more though…

Post it here for us all to critique.

binners

Hora has set up a Waco-style religious cult, and is presently stockpiling arms and eating squirrels in a remote farmhouse in the Peak District

McHamish
    Free Member

You should set up some cameras.

Can you post them online…i love ghost films!

amedias
    Free Member

on a related note….

If we are to accept that ghosts/supernatural spirits exist, then we have to accept that they also don’t play by the normal known rules of science etc. So what makes you think that they can’t evade a webcam? eh? maybe that’s why there’s no credible camera footage of one yet 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Hora has set up a Waco-style religious cult, and is presently stockpiling arms bikes and eating shagging squirrels in a remote farmhouse in the Peak District

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Hora has set up a Waco-style religious cult, and is presently stockpiling arms and eating squirrels in a remote farmhouse in the Peak District

😯

maccruiskeen

So what makes you think that they can’t evade a webcam?

Youtube.

maybe that’s why there’s no credible camera footage of one yet

Ahhh – you said ‘credible’.

McHamish
    Free Member

If we are to accept that ghosts/supernatural spirits exist, then we have to accept that they also don’t play by the normal known rules of science etc. So what makes you think that they can’t evade a webcam? eh? maybe that’s why there’s no credible camera footage of one yet

But would ghosts who died 50 years ago understand the concept of webcams and therefore know to evade them?

amedias
    Free Member

But would ghosts who died 50 years ago understand the concept of webcams and therefore know to evade them?

What makes you think an old ghost can’t learn new tricks?

Cougar

Seeing it recorded might freak you out more though…

Seeing it recorded will make you very, very rich.

If we are to accept that ghosts/supernatural spirits exist, then we have to accept that they also don’t play by the normal known rules of science etc. So what makes you think that they can’t evade a webcam?

Ghosts may be able to (conveniently) evade video cameras, but I very much doubt that fire alarms can.

McHamish
    Free Member

Maybe the OP doesn’t have a ghost and it’s actually a demon who understands modern life, and is trying to find a soul so that it can live again.

I think you should do a Ouija board and film that.

Good luck!

maccruiskeen

but I very much doubt that fire alarms can.

Even if the ghost puts it in his pocket?

cranberry
    Free Member

Pook

If you want to see Hora just go and sit on the wall by the fisheries at Ladybower every sunday morning. He doesn’t ride anything else

bowglie

……with an axe and a selection of sex toys.
    One axe, multiple sex toys ?

……sex toys and chopper in his hand

beefheart
    Free Member

there’s no credible camera footage of one yet

Really?

Makes you think.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I’m on the fence too. I’ve seen a few things that made me wonder, and an ex* had several very strange phenomena in her house. I’m sure there’s a whole load of stuff going on we’re not aware of because we haven’t found ways to interpret signals from it yet.

*although she did come from an ‘interesting’ family.

The Addams Family??

bensales
    Free Member

My wife does all this paranormal investigation stuff.

She says ‘probably spirit child playing’.

dannybgoode

We have a ghost – sure it’s followed us from the old house.

It seems friendly enough. Oddest thing it did was to leave the milk on the windowsill. Mrs Danny came home one summers day to find it there still freezing cold as if fresh from the fridge. There is no other explanation.

In the new house its taken on of my wife’s photos.

garage-dweller

Maybe, if you had more time to fix the shingles, this sort of thing wouldn’t happen.

All work and no play makes Harry a dull boy.

Pop downstairs and see Lloyd he will fix you up.

Drac

My wife does all this paranormal investigation stuff.

She says ‘probably spirit child playing’.

Well that’s me convinced.

chewkw
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Well… last night we were all in a one room when we heard a noise. On investigation a smoke alarm (in the old 1810 bit of the house) had fallen off the ceiling, gone up a step, travelled along a short landing, turned into my son’s bedroom, got to the other end of the room and parked itself by the window. A journey of about 15ft that required it to go up a stair and negotiate itself round a corner, over a thick rug and around the piles of detritus on his bedroom floor.

I have no idea how this happened.

Ghost or aliens?

Unless someone is playing a prank on you I bet it is the “Dust People” i.e. spirits.

The question why the smoke detector?

What happened to the 1810 part of the house? Was it burnt down?

Have you checked the all you heating system, carbon monoxide etc?

There are three possibilities:

1. A warning that something might happen to your heating system whatever might cause fire etc …

or

2. Getting rid of the alarm system means, you will not have warning in a serious event … then you will join them. They like you. 😈

or

3. “Dust people” playing a prank on you lot … if you are strong enough you stay otherwise you move out.

😆

amedias – Member

What makes you think an old ghost can’t learn new tricks? [/quote] They can learn … 🙂

edit: if you want to find out what they want you can communicate with them or talk to them in dream state. i.e. ask them to come into your dream to explain … 😛 Provided they comply. Better still ask your children what they want …

edit edit: Children or people with innocence mind can see them and also those in poor health. The latter means you will join them soon … 😈

ScottChegg
    Free Member

In the new house its taken on of my wife’s photos.

Go on then, show us the ‘evidence’

theotherjonv

My house used to feel a really nice, safe place to live, great for a family but I have to confess that in the past year or two there seem to have been some changes that make it frankly terrifying at times.

There are strange noises from one upstairs room in particular – heavy footsteps, doors slamming, moaning yet the cause of these noises is rarely seen. Things have started moving too, strange piles of clothes appear discarded all over the place, and regularly stuff goes missing from the fridge despite no one apparently being aware of it. Occasionally something appears in the kitchen, uses a load of pots and then leaves them in the sink for me to wash up. And it’s all accompanied by what I can only describe as an atmosphere….. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it makes me feel as if at any moment something awful could happen, yet it rarely does.

Anyone else experienced similar?

weeksy

Things have started moving too, strange piles of clothes appear discarded all over the place, and regularly stuff goes missing from the fridge despite no one apparently being aware of it. Occasionally something appears in the kitchen, uses a load of pots and then leaves them in the sink for me to wash up. And it’s all accompanied by what I can only describe as an atmosphere….. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it makes me feel as if at any moment something awful could happen, yet it rarely does.

Anyone else experienced similar?

Yeah but i divorced her and it’s all OK now

😉

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Mrs Danny came home one summers day to find it there still freezing cold as if fresh from the fridge. There is no other explanation.

Yup. There’s literally no other explanation.

‘Thirsty ghost’ definitely seems more plausible than ‘thirsty person breaks in then legs it on hearing approaching person.’

goby

Im watching this thread to see what happens next, some sort of CCTv or baby monitor thing set up might be good!

Cletus

Everyone seems to have missed the obvious explanation. Harry the Spider is a keen model maker – see the Airfix thread.

Harry, open a window when you are sticking models parts together – those glue fumes are the culprit 😆

Sandwich

Jonv you have a resident teenager. If it’s male a regular partner of the opposite sex will cure this, if female abandon all hope!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Grew up in a house where mad things happened, all of my family have had experiences and seen it, including my brother leythervegas, and oddly not one thing has happened since we all fled the nest.

My oldest brother would say it’s dead people, leythervegas I reckon would be convinced too, myself, even though I’ve had 4 or 5 ‘experiences’ I will never, ever be able to explain, I can’t believe that it’s ghosts. I just have to say ‘I don’t know’.

kcr
    Free Member

Why do the spirits spend their time doing minor league stuff like moving a toy train or making the floorboards creak? You’d think they would pick up a pen and write a note explaining themselves, or if they are malevolent, why not simply strike a match and start a fire?
    Makes you think…

CountZero

Probably a bunch of these messing with the OP’s head:

Susuwatari

pirahna
    Free Member

When we moved into our current house things would get moved, usually from the kitchen to the dining room table, car keys, wifes handbag, that sort of thing. I got up one morning and the loft hatch was open, this means lifting the hatch four inches to clear the roof joists and sliding it back, we hadn’t been anywhere near the loft for days. This sort of random stuff happened for a few weeks then stopped.

Drac

Ghosts love a glass of milk that’s a fact.

singletrackmind

#Jambafact maybe

bails

Jonv you have a resident teenager. If it’s male a regular partner of the opposite sex will cure this,

Just watch out for ectoplasm.

Drac

We’ve a ghost visit now and then when I’m on nights, seems to happen after I’ve had my breakfast though and only when I’m in on my own.

It’s moves the tea bags into the fridge, milk where the tea bags should be, sometimes puts the oven on, pours milk into the kettle instead of water so when I switch it on the house stinks of boiling milk and many other strange entities. Once I”m off or back on days it stops visiting.

Can’t think of any other explanation.

funkmasterp

You’re being visited by these mischievous buggers

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Strange things are happening in my old house again.’ is closed to new replies.