Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • strange sale on ebay advice needed
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Sold my frame on ebay 3 weeks ago, guy said he was on holiday for 10 tens and asked if i would wait on post , he paid fine . So i said let me know when your back and i will post the frame.
    Next thing i get is a case opened against me for none delivery of item , with a message of the buyer saying he is home.
    I query the case and post his frame (£120 value) he then thanks me for my message and says im waiting.
    I sent parcel force tracked ot has been delivered and i have asked him to close the case but no reply.
    My money is frozen in paypal. What next its a weird one Cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

Odd.

The problem is, you don’t know if you’re dealing with an idiot who doesn’t know how to eBay and has opened a case when they didn’t need to, or someone who is intentionally being malicious.

You’re best bet is to wait it out till the weekend. Hopefully case gets closed. If not, then he will either escalate it, or it will elapse. The latter gets your money unfrozen, and the former has eBay deciding what’s what. Seeing as you have tracked delivery you should be ok.

Some more info here:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/seller-protection-faq.html#What if the buyer received the item but still files an ‘item not recieved’ case?

eBay really is a pain in the balls these days.

Personally, I would have been tempted to refund him his money and keep the frame once he opened a case.

ricky1
    Free Member

Well you done nothing wrong but eBay is a pain for sellers,once someone pays for your item it really isn’t yours anymore and neither do you have any right to it at all,well that’s the way I look at selling gear on eBay now that’s why I don’t bother,why did you not try and sell it on here instead?

DezB
    Free Member

How long ago? – no matter what the outcome, eBay won’t close the case until 8 days has gone by. As i typed that the word “ludicrous” was used on the telly. Yup.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Hi thanks for your thoughts on the problem.

Funny I did advertise it on here had one taker who had to pull out.
    no other interest it was a Chumba 29er was up for £170 posted reduced it to £125 still had no takers so tried ebay whete it sold into this strange situation.
    Im hoping it is someone who pressed the wrong button 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

I can remember pusing the wrong button once trying to contact a seller about some tyres…ended up opening a case by mistake but I closed it asap.
    Ask for their contact details from ebay or contact ebay directly to tell them the circumstances.

Jamie
    Free Member

if you want to find out the buyers phone number to ring them, here is the page you need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=9

mattsccm
    Free Member

I did the same. There is a button saying contact seller. I clicked it as there was no other way of doing so that was obvious. A case was opened which I didn’t want. Maybe

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Bloody ebay does my nut, I try to avoid it at all costs.

I had a Kindle with a broken screen so I removed the battery and whacked it up on ebay, £7.50 BIN. Included a photo of the battery and a photo of the model of Kindle it came from so there could be no mistake.

So it sold, I sent it off and now the buyer is asking for a refund because they bought it in error and it’s the wrong battery for their model of Kindle. WTF?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘strange sale on ebay advice needed’ is closed to new replies.