Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Strange request – used Dibond panels?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’m considering some dirt-cheap or throwaway aluminium composite panels (stuff people use for signing) for a sizeable 2D art project in the Midlands. Seem to be a few people here into graphics etc – looking for any contacts/ideas short of bulk emailing sign companies? Not sure if people customarily recycle this stuff or chuck it out – but that’s my plan – to turn waste panels into something else 🙂

maccruiskeen

rather than sign companies maybe chat up exhibition builders. Signs tend to go up and stay up – the sign companies install them and never see them again – exhibitions usually have a lifespan of two or three days and the company that puts them in also takes them out and disposes of them.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thanks maccruiskeen – that is very useful info, will start looking locally.

Still open for contacts/sources if anyone has them thnks. Email in profile.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Every graphics printing company chucks away loads of the stuff but only smaller pieces. If that’ll do you then just go knocking or rummage through their bins. That’s where I get my offcuts. Getting larger sheets is trickier. Exhibitions would be a possibility but temporary panels tend to be fomex as its much cheaper. Another option is building sites. Occasionally the hoarding is printed dibond. I use a local recycling company and they do sometimes get those in but he’s in Bath so not much use to you.

the-muffin-man

Try your local football/cricket/sports club too. Advertising boards get changed regularly (especially during closed seasons) and old ones usually get stuffed behind some portacabin.

We often have off-cuts spare, but large panels always get used!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Strange request – used Dibond panels?’ is closed to new replies.