Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Strange Question – anyone been on a stag-do in Brizzle?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve been asked for advice and tbh…residents of a town are often the worst to ask as they rarely go on stag-dos on their home ground. 😕

So, if you went and enjoyed it, what did you do? Where did you go? Where did you eat breakfast? Where did you manage for an evening meal and where did you spend Saturday night? Can you even remember?

stumpy01

My Sister lives in Bristol, so we went out there for my brother-in-law’s stag do.

Did paintball during the day on the Saturday – a place fairly near the airport I think, then out to a few bars near the harbour/quay bit. God knows what ones, got chucked out of at least one of them.
    Sunday we went to Cheddar, had breakfast and then did a little abseil down with the people who do Wookie caves.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks!

I can’t see beyond telling him that the waterfront is their best option – they’re a group of twenty!! But there will be lots of other hens and stags down there anyway, so it’s probably the best spot for them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sammaratti
    Free Member

Good night out and becoming very popular for stag and hens.

If you are thinking of paintballing go to hamburger hill and not skirmish.

Moses

Yes, but it was very tame, just an evening bash many many years ago.

All I remember from it were that I hadn’t realised that the stripper had removed everything (it was dark, she was black) and I saw my first live badger when walking home along Coldharbour Road at 2am.

Leku
    Free Member

All I remember from it were that I hadn’t realised that the stripper had removed everything and I saw my first live badger

andyl
    Free Member

I was going to say paintballing or airsoft at various sites – these is behind Fountain Timber off the Brockley Coombe road (by the airport), there is one just off the M5 by cribbs/aztec west but on the north side and then one on the way to Bath.

For drinking it’s pretty much got to be harbourside. No idea where to eat, maybe one of the boats down by Bristol Bridge (but not Glass Boat as that’s not stag do stuff).

Hire some mountain bikes at Ashton Court (unless they have bikes)?

Shame there is no Go Ape, but you have to pretend it’s your mates birthday and take birthday cake as they don’t like stag do’s.

postierich
    Free Member

Went on a stag do several months ago it was a long way to go for a very average night out no trouble mind and got in everywhere!
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/saturday-in-bristol-can-you-recommend-some-decent-boozers-preferably-on-a

Edric64
    Free Member

Paintballing ? can you get married at 12 years old then?

Alpha1653

I’ll let you know in a week or two. No idea where we’re going as it’s mine.

docrobster
    Free Member

Went on a stag do in Bristol about 18 years ago. I recall go karting. Vomiting. Staying up all night till the sun came up. Running out of cash. Watching some rugby from the Southern Hemisphere on Sunday morning. No idea where we went. Drive home was minging.

pguy78
    Free Member

Had mine there. It was and organised thing which included a party bus, entry to various bars possible by a river???, then a night club and strip club.( classy I know) great weekend not that I can remember too much. Second what docrobster said. Shocking trip home.

pictonroad

Went 5 years ago, did the races (Cheltenham? I forget…) in the day and then back to the city at night. Total disaster, best man hadn’t bothered to pre book a party of 20 blokes anywhere. In the end we split into loads of groups of 2-3 and did our own thing.

Not knowing the local cool places we headed for the waterfront and it was an hour queue to be told no groups bigger than 4 blokes.

Times may have changed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Strange Question – anyone been on a stag-do in Brizzle?’ is closed to new replies.