Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Strange price rises
  • GoldfishPete
    Free Member

First post but I thought I really had to share my experience and see if anyone else has had the same happen to them.

As soon as my Yeti ARC frame arrives from the “good ole USA” I’m going to be building it up using a donor bike. Now the donor is a Giant with an integrated headset so I needed to buy a new headset for the Yeti and decided to go for the Hope version.

I found the cheapest on-line at Swinnertons at £49.99, but as I was going to try to buy other items from Evans as well, I asked them to price match it – as is their promise. I got a reply today – after 2 days – from them saying that the price on Swinnertons was £59.51 and they would be happy to match that…WTF.

I checked the link I’d saved and guess what…all of a sudden Swinnerton’s price had gone up. Luckily I had put one in my basket at Swinnertons at the beginning of the week and forgotten about it; I bought it from them for £49.99.

Having been in the off-road m/c industry and I know that some importers put a floor and a ceiling on the selling prices of the goods they import….but I’d never heard of one reseller making another reseller hike the price up….???!!!

Needless to say I didn’t buy ANYTHING from Evans and I won’t be going back there again as I now just don’t trust them. Is this a one off or has anyone else had this happen?

sharkbait
    Free Member

😐

I can’t read that. Paragraphs? We’re a fussy lot here.

GoldfishPete
    Free Member

Sorry about that. I hang my head in shame as I used to be a teacher 😳

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’m surprised that just because it was in your basket you still got it at the old price…result for you anyway.

woody2000

So, to sum up, the price of something changed and you’re surprised?

pixelmix
    Free Member

How do you know that the price increased because of Evans? Surely it could have just been a coincidence?

wwaswas

I didn’t spot the double post and thought I’d been ‘modded’ for a minute…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Looks better now you’ve added some paragraphs, but I still can’t read it because I’m old and grumpy, so what they said ^

😉

Merry Christmas

ourmaninthenorth

Infamy, infamy.

Etc.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Got to be coincidence surely? I just can’t see Swinnertons and Evans colluding to get that tenner, or Evans being in any sort of position to put pressure on Swinnertons.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Strange price rises’ is closed to new replies.