• This topic has 85 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by TN.
Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • strange phobias anybody got one ?
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

you lot need to sort yourselves out, if you were farm animals you would be taken out back and shot.

Andy

Tree Magnet; went out with a girl who was terrified of moths, and I mean TERRIFIED!

Also a girl who was terrified of snakes. Would get really uncomfortable if they were mentioned and would run out of the room in tears if one appeared on Telly. Her mother is the same apparantly.

Guy at work gets really upset by small sticky labels on things.

Me? I cant stand touching Corduroy or seeing anyone do the same. Puts my teeth on edge. Makes me uncomfortable just writing about it 😯

PlopNofear
    Free Member

my friend is scared of cows

donsimon
    Free Member

I've got a friend who is scared of cows too, we were out for a drive round the back of Oulton Park when we came across a herd in the road and she started to panic, no problem you say, wind the windows up! Not so simple, we were in a Triumph Spitfire with the roof down, no escape!!! 😈

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bears. Big,. strong, fast, angry, huge paws, they can run and climb and swim – and be 9 feet tall all at the same time. WTF. No way. If I went camping in North America I'd be the one in the closed tank.

Also, bulls – don't mind cows but bulls scare the bejesus out of me.

And confined spaces. Went potholing once. Never again.

I almost didn't go to a job interview once because I had to use a lift. Fortunately I overcame my fear and gor the job.

And my nana's feet, clad in Amercan tan tights, being licked by her skanky poodle cross. That gave me the fear too. They're both dead now – so I'm a tad more relaxed these days.

TN
    Free Member

Rubbing fabric with my hands – like Reeves & Mortimer (I think? Or Punt & Dennis?) doing that 'milky milky' thing. And my husband knows this so if he wants to wind me up/freak me out he'll rub his hand on the sleeve or leg of whatever I am wearing and it really makes me cringe.
    It's kind of tricky when I am trying to make clothes – I have to handle the fabric with my fingertips.

I am also scared of fish – not on the TV or on a plate for example, I could even stick my hand in a tank of them, but being in the water when I can't see them but I KNOW they are there gets me all worried. I used to go windsurfing and actually had to stop going because this cropped up one day and I couldn't face going back in the water. I have no clue what set me off.

So, fish and fabric. :-S

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘strange phobias anybody got one ?’ is closed to new replies.