Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Strange happenings on my Amazon account. -Hacked?
  • ross980
    Free Member

So this is an odd one. Logged onto my account today to buy something and got the option of delivery to ‘my’ other address. In New York (I live in the UK). There was also a new MasterCard added, linked to the same name/address in NYC. Nothing ordered. Nothing else suspicious on the account. I’ve not had any phishing emails or anything. Needless to say I’ve told Amazon (not that they’ll care), deleted the card/address, changed the password to something more robust and added the 2-step verification thing using my mobile.
    What confuses is me, is what are/were they hoping to achieve? Order something small on ‘their’ card, then hammer mine? Use my account with a stolen/cloned card?
    Hopefully I’ve stopped it before it became too much hassle. Anything else I should do?

funkmasterp

You should have ordered something really expensive with their card.

bails

Could be a stolen card that they’re using your account to order from.

I had it years ago with ebay/paypal. Someone had put a keylogger on a uni computer and got loads of emails/passwords. Ordered something on my ebay, paid for it with someone else’s paypal. Ordered something off someone else’s ebay and paid for it with my paypal. They’d even got into my email and had set up a rule to auto-delete any new emails so I wouldn’t notice the purchase confirmations coming in!

ross980
    Free Member

You should have ordered something really expensive with their card.

An e-bike? 😆

footflaps

You can turn on two factor authentication with Amazon, which means they can’t login without access to your mobile….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Strange happenings on my Amazon account. -Hacked?’ is closed to new replies.