Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Strange goings on
  • Harry_the_Spider

Here we go… stick with it.

I bought English Heritage membership using Tesco Club Card vouchers, however they got lost in the post (Thanks Royal Mail). They were sent recorded with tracking a couple of weeks back and haven’t arrived yet. I called English Heritage who told me to reorder and they would reimburse should the first lot arrive in the meantime. So I phoned my wife at home and asked her to dig out another Tesco voucher so that I could re order.
    After much noise and swearing she informed me that the vouchers were not in the folder in the “Big Drawer” where they belonged and that I had obviously managed to lose them.

30 minutes later she phoned again to say that the vouchers had turned up in a neat pile in the middle of our bed and she hadn’t put them there.

How odd?

So…

Had I somehow managed to retrieve them in my sleep in the middle of the night from the “Big Drawer” without knowing that I would be needing them today and manage to place them in a neat pile in the middle of a bed without knowing it or disturbing my wife and baby daughter, who sleeps in a cot next to our bed?

Had my wife taken them out of the folder and put them on the bed without realising then continued searching the “Big Drawer” to the extent that she wasted half an hour looking under and behind it before accusing me of losing them.

Is it the work of ghosts and/or space aliens?

Bizarrely, whilst searching for the vouchers she found her passport… which was lost at our old house.

Do I have the ability to pre-emptively solve problems in my sleep?

Is my wife a mental?

Should we call Ghostbusters?

In all seriousness, my wife has been left a little rattled by the events of this morning.

vinnyeh

Do you have kids?

Drac

They were there all the time and your wise won't admit it.

cranberry
    Free Member

Is my wife a mental?

How very dare you suggest it could be anything but your fault ?

Harry_the_Spider

Do you have kids?

Yes. The boy is in nursery and the 11 month old was in her cage cot.

Neither of them are capable of leaving anything in a neat pile.

Harry_the_Spider

However, during the course of my investigations I have found out that Tesco will re-issue lost club card vouchers, English Heritage will return the tokens should the first lot turn up and Tesco will re-credit my account.

The Royal Mail were less than helpful. I don't know if I'm being singled out for crap treatment but I have only posted half a dozen things this year and 2 of them have been lost.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Strange goings on’ is closed to new replies.