Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Strange evo five
  • pace8500
    Free Member

Anyone know much about this frame?

How many were made etc. And any chance of more being made?

If anyone has one they are willing to part with i would be happy to take it off your hands. Would probably be the perfect size for me considering my short legs.

murderburgh
    Free Member

It’s the proto for the current 5. Just get one of them.

pace8500
    Free Member

The sizing is different on the strange, its the length of an 18″ with a 16″ seat tube

xiphon
    Free Member

25 or so were made IIRC?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Jeffus offa here has got No.1.I suspect you’d have to prise it out of his cold dead hands tho……

oxforddan
    Free Member

I have one . I was told that there was only 15 made and only 5 of them went on sale. I had to pay way over the odds for mine from biketreks ambleside . I had always been an orange fan and I also have fairly short legs so just had to have it .I’m affraid I will never sell it and I would be very surprised if you did find one available.I’m not sure why orange did not produce this size frame in 2011 – it may be because it rides very much like the alpine . If orange stick with the single pivot and swingarm design then maybe a 2012 frame may appear . It bridges the gap well between the 16 and 18 ”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t have one, but have ridden one. Very, very impressed!

As mentioned above it was ” the length of an 18″ with a 16″ seat tube” and was amazingly well balanced. Really low centre of gravity and massively flickable. At best with an uppy-downy post (Is there a proper term for them yet?)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What you want is a ti-hardtail. Possibly go rigid and singlespeed too.

It’ll make you for more wicked awesome than one of those Stranges!

W2 this weekend oxforddan?

oxforddan
    Free Member

Yep sat sounds good – ti hardtails for mincers !

pace8500
    Free Member

If there is only 15 made i should probably give up hope any hope of getting one. Are there any frames out there with similar sizing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Strange evo five’ is closed to new replies.