Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Strange email from Dave Hinde
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Just received an email from Dave Hinde saying my order is complete but that my card has been declined. I haven’t ordered anything from Dave Hinde for a number of years? Anyone else had anything similar?

Northwind

Maybe something you ordered in about 2009 that was definitely in stock, is finally in stock?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thorpie
    Free Member

Ha ha, maybe!

matt_outandabout

Kettle is on.

yossarian
    Free Member

RickDraper
    Free Member

I had the same off a different shop. I have long since received the order!

trail_rat
    Free Member

What ever it is he will deny anything till he is blue in the face…..or ignore you which ever easiera

prawny

Wife has this from a perfume shop too. Methinks some kind of software issue.

andrewreay

Probably a scam, but nothing to do with Dave Hinde…

I expect it is scamsters who send a note purporting to be from a retailer which is somehow relevant to you, saying your card is declined.

I bet the email asks you to please click on this link to ‘our’ website in order to to re-enter your card details and CV2 number.

In some cases, the scamsters will get lucky and catch someone who has just ordered from the real site.

I bet if you check the real / full email address of the sender, it isn’t actually from Dave Hinde (or perfume shop or whoever).

Not sure how scamsters ‘know’ which retailers’ sites you have been to mind.

Maybe email is compromised. Or are the sites somehow hacked to capture real customer details?

Anyway, I wouldn’t click on the link to check!

cardo

Yep got the same email … Must be his Nigerian outlet.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I am assuming they have none of your personal data…..?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I mean, otherwise you might be worried about it…

cranberry
    Free Member

Same email here from a different small company on an email address that I only use with them – <company name>@my-domain.co.uk

Twodogs

Yep I also got one from a company I’ve never shopped from

Junkyard
    Free Member

On the plus side they are much less likely to offer to meet you for a fight

duckman

Posted 8 hours ago # Report-Post
    Junkyard – lazarus

cardo » Yep got the same email … Must be his Nigerian outlet.

On the plus side they are much less likely to offer to meet you for a fight By the time I got a refund for the XT brakes I bought from them in about 2008, I would have been DELIGHTED to meet him to sort it out like that after all the shite I got from the dicks in the shop.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Next thing you know, he’ll be telling you he’s offshore and needs you to wire him the cash.

MrOvershoot

duckman – Member
    By the time I got a refund for the XT brakes I bought from them in about 2008, I would have been DELIGHTED to meet him to sort it out like that after all the shite I got from the dicks in the shop.

Substitute 2004 and that’s me.

karlwoody
    Free Member

same here just ignored as said payment declined. bought set of wheels 3 years ago and had murder getting them.

leffeboy

Friend had something similar last week. She was expecting an order so opened the email. Ransomware (.zepto) toasted her machine

Time to check backups again

hels
    Free Member

So, to add to this guy’s extensive charge sheet, it sounds like his online shop has now been hacked. Nice. Feel lucky you got the “your card has been declined” it could be worse.

And don’t ever let a website save your card details for next time boys and girls.

martinhutch

I imagine most of his customers will be treated better by the scammers than by DH.

MarkyG82

What martinhutch said. Going to tell the bank anyway. Just in case like.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Strange email from Dave Hinde’ is closed to new replies.