Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Strange behaviour on my laptop
  • BigJohn

I reloaded Windows XP on my laptop a month or so ago because it had been about 3 years since I first did it and everything was running real slow.

It’s now going like a train again, but I’ve noticed that my emails in Outlook 2003 (I did have Office 2007, but I like 2003 more) do not download any images embedded in them, I just get a little red cross in a square, and also I can’t get iTunes to connect to the internet to download podcasts.

I installed Microsoft Security Essentials, but I can’t see why that is stopping anything.

What have I got wrong?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I think it may be that your security settings are set to highest? For me this will do that to images.

jon1973
    Free Member

have you installed all the latest Java plug-in’s etc?

BigJohn

Well, I’ve tried everything. Even deleted and reloaded Outlook. So now I’m going to try one of the suggestions off z1ppy’s link – this one

There is a registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security. It contains a key called “OutlookSecureTempFolder “.

Delete the key! This fixed my issue with any embedded GFX and the red cross.

But I don’t know how to.

Anybody care to spell out the way to do it? I went into regedit and found the link, but what then?

BigJohn

…and then I found that all my troubles were because I didn’t have Automatically Detect Settings ticked in my connection options.

What a faff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Strange behaviour on my laptop’ is closed to new replies.