Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stranded in Kuala Lumpur
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I'm going to KL with some mates tomorrow. However, due to unforseen circumstances, I'm going to be there on my own for the last 3 days (one of which is my birthday).

Not to fussed about history, cluture, architecture etc so I'm looking for suggestions as to what I might be able to do there (and no, I can't take my bike and I've not had the malaria cover so I can't really stray too far).

soops
    Free Member

Go up the menara telecom tower or the petronas towers.
    The telecom tower overlooks the petronas so you can get a good photo of them.
    I enjoyed just walking around finding good local places to eat.

stompy

The park at the bottom of the towers a nice place to chill out and watch the world go by (and the office totty…).

The street markets are a fairly interesting way to waste a couple of hours. Try some of the locals cafes for real Malaysian food…..(alot cheaper to)

JAG

The park at the back of the Petronas towers is great fun. Also ask a local where the Chinese market is, loads of bargains and local culture to be had there. Rip off designer clothes and CD/DVD copies of all the latest films.

Try the subway/tram/automatic train system too, as seen in the film "Entrapment" with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Sean Connery.

If you fancy getting out of KL you could head for Batu caves (local religous spot) or try the Hard Rock cafe.

It's all good.

Mof
    Free Member

You can't go without a brows round the Chinese market. Heads up for the Hard Rock too.

zaskar
    Free Member

Been ages but remember the food is nice.

Happy B'day btw!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stranded in Kuala Lumpur’ is closed to new replies.