Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • straight forks on road bikes
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

is there an advantage to straight forks on road bikes vs the traditional curved style or is it just a fashion thing?

flip
    Free Member

They look far better, they usually have the same rake just straightened out. Probably stiffer for it.

enfht
    Free Member

May I suggest you try asking a tarmac forum

No harm done

crikey
    Free Member

Straight forks work just like curved ones, don’t worry about it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

they will be much harsher – curved and tapered ones flex a bit, straight ones not so much

sc-xc

enhft. You are getting very boring.

crikey
    Free Member

they will be much harsher

Nah, you won’t really notice any difference. I’ve got straight forks on my cross bike and it’s really no harsher than one with curves.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

they will be much harsher

Nah, you won’t really notice any difference. I’ve got straight forks on my cross bike and it’s really no harsher than one with curves.

It really does depend on what material it is, A straight carbon fork will be more compliant than a curved Alloy one, BUT, Carbon straight Vs Carbon Curved or Steel Straight Vs Steel Curved, Then the Curved ones will always win due to the curve both reducing the amount of “buzz” and also flexing to add a degree of suspension.

oldgit
    Free Member

Thirty years ago’ish they were considered a sprinters forks. I still refer to any straight road fork as ‘Power forks’.

stooo
    Free Member

I’ve gone form Carbon curved to Carbon straight … currently using Easton EA90 SL straight forks – not quite as comfy as the curved ones of old – though they weren’t eastons. However, they feel much stiffer and corner much better.

RustySpanner

enfht – Member

May I suggest you try asking a tarmac forum

No harm done

?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘straight forks on road bikes’ is closed to new replies.