Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Straaavaaa. TdY. meh :)
  • allan23
    Free Member

Good job I’m rubbish enough to not worry about KoM stuff.

TdY goes through one of my starred segments this afternoon. Wonder what the leaderboard will look like tonight?

Certainly be interesting if any of the riders use it and if their heart rates are the same as mine when I get up a bit quick!

legend
    Free Member

They’re riding in a big group though – so basically cheating. You’d have them if they rode solo i’m sure

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I had a KOM before the tour came through, on a 2 minute downhill.

Got knocked down to 11th but am still above Lars Boom!

Thing is he kept up that pace for 3 weeks, I was spent after 2 minutes!

Surprised to see a good 10-15 riders putting their Tour on Strava.

epicsteve
    Free Member

When I lived in Greenwich I wondered why I was so low down on some of my local Strava running segments until I realised they were on the London Marathon course. Quite depressing finding out just how many people run faster doing marathon distances than I can for 5km!

mccraque

Tour of Britain came through Ditchling Beacon in 2014 -Kwiatowski nailing it in sub 4 mins without breaking sweat.

I collapsed and saw stars trying to get it under 6mins!

philjunior
    Free Member

Commonwealth games TT route took in part of my commute. I’m up to 2nd on one of the climbs now, but only due to massive tailwind plus 2 and a half minute flat out effort. Keeping that effort up for the whole TT on a day with pretty suboptimal conditions is seriously impressive.

Northwind

Remember strava is only for people who’re too slow to race.

slowoldman

Years ago I watched the Tour of Britain come up by the side of Stanage. Robert Millar piling it on. I didn’t have time to focus my camera as he whooshed by doing my normal downhill speed.

philjunior
    Free Member

Said in jest I’m sure but you can certainly fool yourself into thinking you’re faster than you are based on Strava (until you enter a race).

allan23
    Free Member

Ticky that box 🙂

I’m usually middle of the tables, local club rides all have the top 10 and it’s quite spectacular the difference in their efforts. I’ve recently gone back to Strava after Garmin utterly bolloxed up Connect Segments.

Kind of interested though in what the race cyclists will look like when they go through, I was planning on going to watch as they’re almost going past the house but couldn’t get time off.

It’s on the flat bit of the Vale of York so they should be fair tanking through. Even I can get 20mph for a minute or so… with a tail wind… and rounding up…. from a more realistic 17mph.

jimjam
    Free Member

I recently left my strava switched on for a drive home. Checked the results and sure enough I had two inadvertent KOMs but I was surpised to see on a long winding road descent I was back in the mid 50s on the leader board despite averaging about 40-45mph.

I really do think a huge number of strava times are pure bullshit.

Northwind

philjunior – Member

Said in jest I’m sure but you can certainly fool yourself into thinking you’re faster than you are based on Strava (until you enter a race).

I remember looking at times on a segment and thinking “that was fast, who was that?” G Minaar.

And bloomin Raddogair!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Straaavaaa. TdY. meh :)’ is closed to new replies.