Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 'Straaaalia bush fires – I don't understand…
  • IHN

…why they don’t let the fire keep going and set off the unexploded bombs? Surely that’d be doing them a favour?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20967410

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

might be a gigantic area that they would just have to abandon to the fire as they couldn;t fight it with potential bullets and bombs going off. suppose there’s no guarantee of the fire clearing everything, so they’d be in no better position at the end.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wtf? There are people houses and animals in there along with crops and much more. Control is important and trying to get clear lines of defense. We don’t need explosions in the middle of it.

IHN

Wtf? There are people houses and animals in there along with crops and much more. Control is important and trying to get clear lines of defense. We don’t need explosions in the middle of it

Well, I assumed that, as it’s an area containing unexploded bombs, then there wouldn’t be any people, houses or crops in it. Am I wrong?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Probably. I’ll ask my stepdad. He’s likely to be working on the Deans Gap fires now. I imagine it will be firefighter safety causing some concerns, plus the worry that the fire could reach Sussex Inlet very quickly if not manipulated.Though the fire is 2500 hectares so some property is affected now. I believe my bro and his family were evacuated a few days ago and he lives in Erowral.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘'Straaaalia bush fires – I don't understand…’ is closed to new replies.