Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Stovists – new arrival here :)
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Cast tec alberg 7, 7kw stove. Yet to fit it , but it has a tertiarry 3rd air vent on bottom which i should be able to vent to under the floor ( which is vented to external ) and thus negate the need for a massive hole in my living room wall and a top or bottom air vent pending coal or wood burning – current stove has only under grate air supply and can be hard to control as a wood burner.

Might be a smidge big for the location but if so ill move it into the kitchen which will be twice the size.

Did take a bit of a gamble might not be the best out there( was looking at charnwoods) but the price was right and it looks fair good- cant be any worse than the redfyre i have atm- still have the chance to get a charnwood for my main stove when it comes to kitchen renewal time

sandwicheater

Tis a beauty. Just in time for that called summer 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Supply and demand innit.

Buy in winter pay top dollar and be cold while you fit it 😉

Like those fools that put off replacing their boiler till they need it in winter and pay the plumber top dollar to fit it.

Where its going to live for now. The new ones 5cms bigger in every dimension- which doesnt seem alot given its supposed larger kw rating – but i guess it is going to be much more efficient – the current stove is about 20 years old if the paperwork is to be believed.

sandwicheater

I’m just jealous you’ve a bigger pile than me.

Stoner
    Free Member

quite right too, t_r. Looks a fine box.

Got my flue man to put this in the other day while the scaffold was up for the new roof. May-August is the only time you can get in touch with him as the rest of the year he’s so booked up he ignores his phone! 🙂
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ri10GyFnJjQ/U4b2e2tWaeI/AAAAAAAAIk8/_N8LdtsWrC0/s400/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg[/img]

And this is what I want to put under it. Glass on sides and front, and can be rotated 90degrees. The flue comes down a few feet into the room so I didnt just want to get a box stove.

[img]http://media.ibud.ua/image/photos/2010/03/11/vo-big/13716307111-la-nordica-fortuna-panoramic-wood-stove.jpg[/img]

But at £2300 I need to earn some pocket money to pay for it first 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye well i picked that box up at tp for 300 + vat on out of season clearance.

Best i can find it online is 650.

2300 would be more than all my cars 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The new ones 5cms bigger in every dimension- which doesnt seem alot given its supposed larger kw rating

Always seems that output is very dependant on fuel quality and flue draw as much as the stove itself.

New arrival looks good anyway.

sharkbait
    Free Member

it has a tertiarry 3rd air vent on bottom which i should be able to vent to under the floor

Do you mean your going to put a hole in the hearth? Certainly seems preferable to a hole in the wall!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hole in the hearth and duct it to the stove under neeth…. If i can get away with it. Like some of the posher external vented stoves do so it doesnt blaw a gale into the room

Even at that a hole directly under the fire means it wont suck a gust across the room when its firing on all cylinders

bigblackshed

That stove should look nice in your room, TrailRat. Your existing one looks a tad small for the hearth.

Stoner. Are you going for the white stove?

Stoner
    Free Member

BBS – yes White ceramic. Id prefer grey, but the only other colour option for the Nordica is red.

bigblackshed

Not my cup of tea, personally. I think they may have missed a trick not doing a charcoal or black version.

There is something similar in the cafe at BPW. I spent more time in front of it than on the trails last time we were there. Due to a big off and feeling sorry for my self having a broken seat post. It did kick out some serious heat.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hole in the hearth and duct it to the stove under neeth…. If i can get away with it. Like some of the posher external vented stoves do so it doesnt blaw a gale into the room

No sure how you’re going to connect a duct underneath as it’s not designed for it and has the moving slide.
    We ‘could’ fit a duct to the underside of our Clearview stoves but it means getting rid of the slide mechanism and apparently isn’t done very often. TBH I’d probably go with either just a hole through the hearth or in the wall behind the stove so any draft isn’t being pulled across the room. Or just not bother at all 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Manual for the stove says – never to close that vent when stove is in use

That is my second option based on it being a drafty old farm cottage if i cant duct vent it.

Im not having an open hole to outside

Parents have had a pair of 6kw casette stoves in their place for many many years with no direct vent to outside , but again drafty old 1950s build.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Im not having an open hole to outside

Nothing to stop you blocking it off after the nice building inspector has given you the ok. Of course I’d never suggest doing such a thing myself though.

BTW does the tertiary vent actually draw that much air? My understanding was the primary/secondary vents would do most of the flow, with tertiary being a small fixed vent to allow the remaining unburnt flue gasses to be burnt off before they go up the flue.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nice stove TR.

Are you still after a cheap 4×4 runabout. Might have something that may interest you. Honda HRV – 80000 miles, as good as one retired lady owner . Give me a shout, I can’t fathom your email addy.

MC

smartay

I suggested a duct at the rear of our stove priorbto installation, but building regs wont allow plus the cold air hitting the stove casing may lead to uneven heating, cooling and could possibly buckle the casing.
    the duct into the hearth was adopte years ago by an open fire grate manufacturer but cant remember their name

trail_rat
    Free Member

Pete nahw i am sorted for the moment, my next motors going to be a big transit.

Im hoping the landy will be back on the highway under its own steam ( waiting on a half chassis arriving as we speak) by the time the mot on the frontera runs out….. I am not looking forward to replacing the brake and and fuel lines on the frontera. ….. Advisory last year.

As for drilling a hole and then blocking it off …. I dont think so. I just wont put a hole in …..

The joys of not living in englandshire

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The joys of not living in englandshire

ah yes, I forgot you were in a country with sensible laws regarding doing stuff to your own property.

trail_rat
    Free Member

As well as having access to competent family members…….

Im not just throwing things up heath robinson.

ourmaninthenorth

Nice Stove that TR, if a little “old style” for my taste.

And you and stoner are quite right – get it fitted in summer when the weather’s better*.

*Our fitters had to make two trips in July 2012 – first time they came the rain was biblical.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Stovists – new arrival here :)’ is closed to new replies.