Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stove top milk steamer
  • MadBillMcMad

Anyone got one ?
    what do you reccomend ?

The only ones I can find are on US ebay ‘Bellman Stovetop Steamer CX-25S’

We have a whisk but either they are just not the same or I am doing it totally wrong.

There are electric ones & pots with a plunge/whisk thing but I would prefer the equivalent of what you get on the side of a modern electric expresso machine.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’ve had this for a few years now and it gets regular use with a stove top espresso maker.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-JA90-Milk-Frother-Sauce/dp/B001U8GB18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446122113&sr=8-1&keywords=judge+milk+frother

MadBillMcMad

yeah – that looks like an option.

sandwicheater

Have one of these which is similar to soma rich’s.

Has been excellent. 4 capachino’s no problems.

use it almost every morning for the wife and I. 2:40 in microwave. 10 seconds of plunging and done. Very easy.

http://www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/Bodum-Latteo-Milk-Frother.html?gclid=CMD-meKD6MgCFUS4GwodLW8LDw

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On a related question, is there a knack to steaming milk? Mine always seems to go from cold and frothy to still quite cold and scalded tasting and frothy?

I can never get properly hot coffee.

tazzymtb

Bialetti Tuttocrem is a good system, krupps do a decent one as well but its about £100.00 and has its own power source rather than being a stove top system. you dont want to go above 65 0c when heating otherwise your milk will taste “burned” some stove top systems/users have a tendency to smash the heat up rather than take a bit more time to get an even temperature distribution.

as with most things it take a wee bit of practice and playing to find out all the kinks of whatever system you have. Same with stove top moka

budgierider67

I used to use the Bodum Latteo / microwave combo & found the glass to be a bit fragile but I now use the Bialetti Tuttocrema and it’s ace. You do have to do it on a low heat though or the milk will stick to the bottom.
    I do find with both that they only give thick frothy milk using skimmed as with semi of full fat they will not thicken no matter how vigorous a pumping you give them.

MadBillMcMad

thks all – looks like a ‘Bialetti Tuttocrema’ it is.

sandwicheater

found the glass to be a bit fragile

Yeah, we’ve smashed a couple but more out clumsiness. Will get the metal one next time. Will still heat the milk in the microwave and decant into the metal vessel. Just so quick/easy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stove top milk steamer’ is closed to new replies.