Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stourbridge to Birmingham City? Routes?
  • gazerath
    Free Member

I need a commuting route from Stourbridge to Birmingham City. I have tried the canals and quite enjoyed riding them but they seem to bring me out the other side of Tipton/Dudley and riding over on the main roads has resulted in some very close scary moments.

Can any one recommend a route that doesn’t involve riding along the super busy main roads.

z1ppy

Think your a bit stuffed really, sticking with the Canal does take you the long way round but at least your safe (from cars).

Got a couple of m8’s who ride to Halesowen on the A456 (got footpaths up to the bypass, if it’s still a bit scary), you could maybe do that then head cross country through Halesowen up towards Hurst Green. Once into Brum you can shadow the Hagley road on the right hand side quite easily (quinton ln/court oak rd/croftdown rd/Gillhurst rd/Augustus Rd/Harborne Rd) & blast through the city centre…

When I lived in Brum I was just off the Hagley Rd, and simply took my chances cycling along it, as usually the traffic pretty snarled up any time past 8am.

Houns

Train to Smethwick Galton Bridge and ride the rest along the canal? Sadly I can’t think of a road route that I’d ride in to Brum from Stourbridge in rush hour

jes
    Free Member

Recced the canal route a couple of days ago from Stourton,to Waste Hill.
    The dog leg bits incurred by following the canal do make it a bit longer but the real deal breaker besides feeling like riding the underground bits of Half Life and the section under the M5 was the Netherton Tunnel, it’s quite ……quite …….quite dark, long and damp.
    Quite interesting when your light fails half way through 🙂

lunge

No obvious routes that I can think of, though you could pick your way through. Stourbridge to Halesowen you can go through Pedmore to the lanes round the back of Wollascote then through the Squirrels estate and up past Huntingtree Road. From Halesowen you could head up Mucklow’s hill then cut right at top down Ridgeacre Road and go parallel to the Hagley Road from there. That does involve climbing Mucklow Hill though… You could do a similar route by going up Manor Way and turning left at the Audi dealer then up Manor Abbey Road, through Woodgate and head into the City through Harbourne.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stourbridge to Birmingham City? Routes?’ is closed to new replies.