Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Storm/Thuder/Lightening!!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

A pretty good show was that one.
    Was dreaming of being up scaffold at work then descending it free runner style when I woke up 🙂
    Thankfully we weren’t camping as planned…

thejesmonddingo

It woke me up,went to get a drink and there’s water all over the kitchen work surfaces,and the down stairs socket ECB has tripped,can’t work out how it got in though.

trademark
    Free Member

Biblical rain here in Durham. Frequent thunder and lightning too, it’s awesome. The house vibrates with it.
    I put off going to Newcastleton 7 Stanes yesterday for today, BAD move 🙁

Canoeing at Loch Ken on Monday/Tuesday, might not need the car to get there at this rate.
    What canoe for A68 …

spooky_b329

Dingo, blown in through extractor/cooker hood?

Boring and calm in the South East 🙁

thejesmonddingo

Think it’s probably the exhaust vent for the combi boiler,which might explain the ECB tripping.

kimbers

Big one over Milton keynes last night
    Flashes for a while b4 the thunder kicked on and silly amounts if rain

isitafox
    Free Member

Mental in the High Peak for a good half hour, stupidly loud thunder woke me up and kept me up!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Went for it about 1:30(ish)this morning in Colchester(Essex)loads of lightening not so much thunder but what there was was loud and then really heavy rain,woke up this morning still quite hot and the pavement already drying out as if nothing has happened

ads678

Yep , mad storms over Leeds last night as well. Shit loads of lightning and really heavy rain. Good test for my new garage roof…..

badnewz
    Free Member

Like being in the Tropics

yunki
    Free Member

Dry and balmy down in sunny Deb’n

Pook

Brilliant here in Sheffield. We were worried about my 2 year old kicking off but he was silent. Asked him this morning and he just said it went ‘flash flash’ and then he did an impression of the thunder

wrightyson
    Free Member

The 8 month old pup didn’t make a sound so hopefully bodes well for when bonfire night arrives. May have been wholly different if we had been in the tent though…
    Should be a nice cooler morning for a ride now.

Spud

High Peak, oh god! MrsSpud and the little spuds are camping in Edale with BiL and nephew. Bet they had fun!

MoreCashThanDash

Got in from the pub at 1.30. Remember MrsMC getting out of bed but assumed it was my drunken snoring.

Apparently we had a fantastic storm, had an inch of rain in the rain gauge in about an hour, and a couple of millimetres came in through the back door.

I have no recollection of any of it. Yes, I am in the dog house!

wrightyson
    Free Member

You hadn’t been in Hackett had you morecash?
    And you were nothing to do with the girl in small shorts, skimpy top running barefoot along farlaund during the storm were you 😀

crossland
    Free Member

Amazing storm in the north cotswolds about 1.15, howling wind, biblical rain, a great son et lumiere and a terrified dog

arcadian
    Free Member

Had one up here last night about 2 in the morning. First I really knew about it was the dog climbing in to bed to cuddle up as the thunder cracks had given him a fright!

MoreCashThanDash

Wrightyson – no, just a quiet drink with the dads in the village pub.

Though there did appear to be bike tyre tracks on the duvet this morning, so I’ve no idea what was going on….

willard

Yup, got a 0209 wake-up from the smaller dog who was a bit scared. Popped down to close off the Velux in their room to prevent any water getting in and they both went upstairs for comfort. Well, Ralph went for support, Ted (my dog) went up because he saw the opportunity of extra social time with us. He generally doesn’t give a toss about loud noises.

And then the power went out. Luckily the filesystem on the linux box didn’t get corrupted, but I do need to get the UPS sorted out.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Gie dreich here in Scottish Borders – was hoping to venture out later to Innerleithen but might be a lazy day……..again!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Speaking of dogs, we were at friends for a barbeque, and their dog got so worked up by the storm that it barfed on my leg. Luckily it slid off my shorts in the right direction and didn’t end up in my lap.

singletrackmind

OMG Standards are slipping . All the usual pedants must be either watching the Tour or out riding.

Lightening is what you do to your bike to make it go faster

Lightning is the static spark that is either cloud -cloud or cloud – earth ( basically )

Isle of Wight storm watch have a lightning detector van and a website where you can watch the storm gathering

stumpy01

singletrackmind – Member
    OMG Standards are slipping . All the usual pedants must be either watching the Tour or out riding.

Lightening is what you do to your bike to make it go faster

Go on, mention the ‘n’ missing from ‘thunder’ too…..

Nor sure you needed to capitalise the s of standards, but never mind… 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

I do love predictive. I hadn’t even seen the missing n in thuder? Perhaps Mr pedant hadn’t either…

CountZero

Pretty amazing lightning last night moving SW to NE across Devizes, Avebury, up towards Wantage way. Almost continual light display in the clouds, with some spectacular forked lightning to earth. Very impressive!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Storm/Thuder/Lightening!!!!’ is closed to new replies.