Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Storms.
  • Drac

We had a good one yesterday afternoon but had another in the early hours that was epic. I still rolled over and went to sleep though.

seadog101

Huge hail stones at 0100 here, well I say huge, about marble sized. I’m sure someone will come along from the prairies with tales of football sized ones.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It was a Klein with Nightstorm paint…dunno why the previous one isn’t visible.

Very kind, but I was thinking of pictures of the actual storms 🙂 Nice looking bike though!

crazy-legs

It passed just west of mine last night, it looked like those films you see of air raids with the constant flashes of light and sounds of explosions. Incredible sight.

Apparently Manchester airport was shut for a while. And a mate was driving over the M62 and as he came over the summit and down towards Manchester he said the heavens opened, said it was like driving along a river!

trademark
    Free Member

Biblical rain yesterday afternoon in Sunderland at work. GF had hailstones in County Durham, big enough to make the news. 20mm she says.

hels
    Free Member

Got woken up at 0100 as it passed over Peebles so got up to watch it over the hills. Awesome ! Lighting and thunder at the same time as it passed overhead. Even the cat was scared, and she doesn’t scare easily (as the neighbours dog has discovered to his pain and humiliation).

Kit
    Free Member

Waited all day for it in Edinburgh, looked like it was going to pass us by completely, but finally made an appearance just after 1 (after scaring hel’s cat 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uwedY8]Edinburgh Lightning[/url] by Kit Carruthers, on Flickr

cp

great pic!

Cougar

Ooh, nice shooting, Tex.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

THAT’S what I’m talkin’ ’bout!

Drac

Brilliant photo.

Reports around Northumberland of golf ball sized hail damaging cars. Luckily not where we are.

Kit
    Free Member

Ha! Just been on the radio about it 😀

lowey

Came right over head in Bolton last night. Incredible. Almost constant lightning, then biblical rain and 2″ hail stones. The sound of them hitting the car was epic.

scuttler

Not my pic but one from Facebook (by Isaac Sibson of Marsden) showing the scariest cloud of the year

seosamh77
    Free Member

Superb pics, more please! 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hit us at midnight – awesome

GrahamS

Cracking show at about 1am here in the North East.

Clearly the ancient gods have been angered though.
    Only a blood sacrifice shall appease them.

Any thoughts?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bacon and black pudding butty obvs.

binners

I’ve never seen a storm like that in this country. The cloud formations that preceeded it were insane. I was expecting an alien invasion 😀

Heres a picture taken by Quarryman, of this parish, over Rammy last night

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve only seen a storm like this in France before and my housemate witnessed one in Vietnam
    I managed to film a bit (sorry about filming in portrait, it was very gusty and i didn’t want to drop my phone out the first floor window)
    [video]https://youtu.be/9_z42h76uIU[/video]
    Fire the video up on the youtube site, stick it in HD and slow the speed down to 0.5

bigjim

great photo Kit – heard it but didn’t see enough flashing in darkest morningside to drag my ass out of bed.

wasn’t a night for camping on Arthurs seat then!

GrahamS

You’re famous Kit:

(hope they paid you for that!)

RustySpanner

Never seen anything like it before.

Passed over Burnley with pretty much continuous thunder and plenty of lightning – I was quite happy with that.
    Proper fizz in the air too.

Then as it drifted off towards Halifax it just went off big style.

I was convinced aliens had taken Leeds at one point.
    🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Superb pics, more please
    #2 looks familiar

Kit
    Free Member

You’re famous Kit:

More famous than you think. I was interviewed by STV today for a wee piece to be on at 6pm, after the weather (of course). Tune in…if you dare 😀

And no, I didn’t get paid for that, but it might be in a few of the Scottish papers tomorrow, which I’m being paid for.

GrahamS

Good work

(I’m slightly bemused that “Man photographs lightning” makes national news, but fair play to you!)

Kit
    Free Member

Me too, but hey, not complaining!

Kit
    Free Member

Happy to sign autographs, now I’ve had my 10 seconds of fame 😉

Video interview in link:
    http://news.stv.tv/scotland/1323942-storms-create-spectacular-displays-of-lightning-over-scotland/

Stoner
    Free Member

turn on sound and check out the dutch coast.

Someone call Denmark and tell them to get under cover 🙂

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=11

v8ninety

Anyone know how that blitzimijig website actually gets its data? Is it radar or satellite or what? It’s very clever though 🙂

househusband

More famous than you think.

Now lets not get too carried away with the fame, eh? 😉

(I’m not saying who is who but all are forum members…)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

@v8 (guessing) triangulation of radio emissions

Kit
    Free Member

Oh dear…

😀

MrOvershoot

Stoner – Member

turn on sound and check out the dutch coast.

Someone call Denmark and tell them to get under cover

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=11

Its still thumping away in the Netherlands, still it should clear the air for the start of the TdF Grand Départ in Utrecht

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Storms.’ is closed to new replies.