• This topic has 42 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Storm's a'comin!
  • CountZero

Rain just started, and almost continual lightning to the south, and getting rapidly closer. Going to be quite exciting, I think.

roger_mellie

Started here in Melksham!

althepal

Nowt here in Filey ‘cept noisy seagulls..

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Just overhead here now, south oxon, but been watching for good half hour , very cool, about 2 flashes per second!

Caher

Just woke me up. Berkshire.

theotherjonv

Proper good for a while near Guildford

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Moved to fast 🙁

jimster01

Rumbling nicely here in malvern, dogs kicking off too!

spud-face

just starting in dudley, rumblerumble

jimster01

Seems to have passed now.

skiboy
    Free Member

it was loud and bright at 2:30am in milton keynes, blew over in around a half hour to just a distant rumble.

at it’s peak there was a lot of water and as the others said flashes of lighting and the sound of thunder was almost constant.

woke agin just before 5am for another bout, a little disaapointed as not much second time round, but sat watching the lighting while having breakfast was pretty cool,

off to work now……

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Brilliant electric storm, sheet and fork lightening, incredible thunder. I was woken up by a rather terrified retriever and spent 30m calming him and the other one down while watching the spectacle at 2-03 ish. Tired now though but dogs spark out!!! Lovely fresh feeling this morning.

I love storms

eskay

It either missed Bristol or I sleep through it! !

Kryton57

I went out and checked my bikes were ok at 3:30am.

DezB
    Free Member

Spectacular down here! The lightning went on for ages, I think maybe the longest localised storm I’ve ever seen. Never seen so many lightning bolts right in front of me!

DrP

I ran out into the garden at 0130 (to get the pegs off the line), and could feel a few ‘spatters’ of rain..
    Then I heard the torrential downpour rushing over the roofs of the houses a few streets away, and ran back into the house literally being ‘chased’ by a wall of rain!!

Ore-sum!

DrP

ton

hot n sweaty in leeds……..just like moi…… 8)

PrinceJohn
    Free Member
    Houns

Was awesome in Stourbridge around 03:00 for almost an hour

Jamie
    Free Member

I would have slept through it, if I hadn’t left a side opening window open full and got rained on.

hatter

Slept through the whole damn thing… fortunately so did my toddler.

_tom_
    Free Member

Pissed in down in Northants, a bit of thunder and thats about it for today by the looks of things.

mountainman

Was with us in Wexford Eire around 4.00 as i was getting up for work ,interesting drive in to work ,decided against the bike today .

Hot n sticky now when i’m back home ,hopefully cooler later n can get a spin in then .

brassneck

Mental in NW Hants.

Was awoken by the loudest thunder I’ve ever heard, the window illuminated in whit for what seemed like seconds, and Mrs B screaming and kicking me full in the kidneys!

Quite a light show that was.

tightywighty
    Free Member

Fiercest electrical storm I’ve seen here in a long while, almost like you get in the south of France. Sounds like we’ve got another cracker tonight or on Saturday…

Caher

Good point – when i lived on the continent we had storms daily in the summer (i was told it was the snow from the alps melting).

CountZero

According to the news, around 3000 strikes recorded. It’s raining again now, and there’s thunder rumbling away in the distance as I’m typing this, but so far, nothing like last night.
    Bloody superb that was!

racefaceec90

agreed count zero it was fab last night the lightning.thunder kicking off over devizes now.

jimster01

Just had the latest storm,seemed worse than last night’s storm,or maybe the dog’s thought so.

keng38
    Free Member

Just been watching lightning here in Weir (Bacup) for last 20 mins.
    Who and how do “they” record lightning strikes?

frogstomp
    theotherjonv

Cool, I was wondering that too. Obvious really.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Brilliant one over Darwen at 0330 to 0420 loads of bolts. Never seen anything like it in this country. Was like a Florida thunderstorm. And the ones you see in Greece. Weirdly not many rumbles of thunder, just a cracking light show

Onzadog
    Free Member

Woken up last night by some really heavy rain, then it stopped suddenly and was followed immediately by the loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard. Two more in the distance as it moved away then done. The whole thing lasted for less time than the car alarms the first clap set off!

rossi46
    Free Member

Had a humdinger here in Kent yesterday evening, I’ll load up some photos later (or you can see them in my thunderstorm photo thread), unfortunately I was so tired after too many sleepless sticky night’s that I missed the other two overnight! Damn!
    Not seen a storm like these since I was a child in the 80’s, I remember one afternoon in July when the sky turned purple and there was a storm as ferocious as the ones we’ve just had.

grum
    Free Member

Either not much happened last night (in Hebden Bridge) or I slept through it. 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Slept through whatever was going on in Hampshire. 😀

BillMC

It illuminated my tent here in Southwold. Fortunately the (decathlon) tent kept it all dry inside. Result!

CountZero

Last night’s storm around Chippenham wasn’t as energetic as Thursday night’s, but the lightning seemed more violent, incredibly bright, and very, very loud thunder, that just rumbled away for ages. One strike was followed by thunder after only a second or so, and it was a tearing, crackling sound, must have been very close.
    Still occasionally rumbling away now.

stevestunts
    Free Member

Let the storm rage on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Storm's a'comin!’ is closed to new replies.