Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Storm Desmond
  • project
    Free Member

our back garden is turning into a lake and I think our hens are developing webbed feet.

theyre ducks dear lady gresley,or youre going quackers

GrahamS

Plenty of flooding here. Tyne has burst its banks in multiple places.

Just been following the Facebook posts of a bunch of locals desperately trying to rescue a horse from a field, but it didn’t make it. 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

All the train lines west of Skipton are closed now. Which screws up my plan for a tailwind-only ride tomorrow.

That was my plan for today, but the line at the northern end of the route is notorious for shutting in this type of weather.

So I lit the fire and had a beer.

Northwind

I bottled the forth fat beach ride today, and I regret nothing but this made me laugh:

[video]http://www.facebook.com/ali.gower.37/videos/10154349129163776/[/video]

GrahamS

Have UKIP blamed the gays yet?

piemonster

Just been following the Facebook posts of a bunch of locals desperately trying to rescue a horse from a field, but it didn’t make it.

Some pretty hostile comments directed at the RSPCA on that page. I’m rather inclined to think made without full knowledge of the facts.

It’s the Bogtrotters annual Xmas weekend at the Elterwater hostel, and Facebook reports suggest that all roads (yes, both of them) are blocked & gettng worse by the hour.

Fortunately the Britannia Inn has over a weeks worth of beer in the cellar, so they’ll be ok until at least lunchtime tomorrow 😮

footflaps

Friends of ours now homeless in Kendal, they last saw their house under 10′ of water – ground floor completely submerged 🙁

squirrelking
    Free Member

Bought the sister in law an Aer Lingus ticket from Dublin tomorrow, standby but better than the “friday at earliest” shoite from Ryanair. Her girlfriend is stuck in Preston, We’re stuck in Cumbernauld and Netflix is refusing to play U S stuff so I cant even watch Walking Dead. **** shite all round.

#firstworldproblems

squirrelking
    Free Member

Some pretty hostile comments directed at the RSPCA on that page. I’m rather inclined to think made without full knowledge of the facts.

Yeah, they’ll have shares in UHU. More funding innit.

epicyclo

Perfect weather for Global Fat Bike Day.

Our planned epic became an abbreviated bimble. 🙂

martinhutch

Just got back from a couple of hours riding through a puddle in the Dales.

Apparently Malham Cove is a waterfall for the first time in living memory. Some pics on UKC Facebook which don’t want to link here.

somafunk

[video]https://youtu.be/w-gdS-nc9lA[/video]

Impressive

Northwind

Thanks for sharing, that’s literally awesome.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Just seen a pic of the A591 north of Grasmere (can’t seem to post the blighter though), it’s really badly damaged…

GrahamS

Yeah lots of righteous anger. You might have seen comments from me and a few others trying to calm them a bit.

It was a terrible situation but police divers and firemen (i.e. professionals with proper equipment and training) had been on the scene and decided it was too risky. Someone made an attempt at a rescue earlier and he got stuck in a tree and needed rescuing himself.

Some folk reckoned the RSPCA should have put it out of its misery rather than let it drown, but I’m not sure how you’d do that if you can’t get to it. Somehow I doubt those same people would have been happy to see the RSPCA shoot it from a distance while it still had a chance.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Storm Desmond’ is closed to new replies.