Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Storm Desmond
  • gwaelod
    Free Member

Cumbria looks like having a bad time of it today…and a good chunk of Scotland too.

Looks like Red weather warnings coming out for Lakes

BoardinBob

Grim here I’m glasgow. I’m under the duvet on the couch and won’t be moving far

scaredypants

pffft

down here in the wild, wild south my 2 spare fence panels have blown right over from leaning against the wall and they’re now crushing a bush

and I think it’s drizzling

🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    somafunk

It’s been pretty rough where i am (on farm up on moor nr thornhill) , been chucking it down all night and the wind is howling so i’m not looking forward to going out soon to check the animals/feed the highlanders. Just one more cappuccino before i go……..The dogs don’t seem too enamoured by the thought of joining me……sigh!…..it’s gonna be the 6th day in a row i get absolutely soaked and covered in mud n’ shite I guess i should MTFU 😀

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m taking the positives, we’re finding all the lost tennis and cricket balls from the last couple of years, all blown back out of the hedge and trees.

somafunk

Cheers seosamh77 – that map is so cool!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye, it is cracking! 🙂

nickc

In Bassenthaite currently, blowing hard since last night and horizontal rain, most fields surrounding are under water and Keswick cutoff, A66 closed, no sign of it easing

scaredypants

Cheers seosamh77 – that map is so cool!

have a look at windyty.com

allthegear
    Free Member

Love that map. Amazed it runs so happily on my iPhone!

Rachel

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Today’s storm is tomorrow’s free firewood.

I’m a glass half full type of person 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Right. I’m off out to brave it.

Don’t worry, I have a North Face jacket…..

seadog101

Plenty of free, if slightly damaged, roofing materials around the streets of our town today.

Northwind

Uplift Scotland today

And this on the M90

Would be more of a big deal if it wasn’t mostly the access road to the Forth Bridge 😆 Good planning that.

seosamh77
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    have a look at windyty.com

cheers, that is better! 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Good gosh. Wind blowing my eyeballs into my head!
    Very gusty in Birmingham. Anything that happens here can only be a improvement. Got chased by a Aldi bag 🙁

grizedaleforest

Near Sedbergh here…110mm rain in last 12 hours and more to come. Most roads blocked. Haven’t seen it so wet.

IdleJon

I’m riding home from work in 20 minutes, heading south into the wind along the riverside. Send a search party if I don’t arrive.. 😆

hammyuk
    Free Member

Rain just starting on the south coast. Isle of Shoite disappeared (not a bad thing) 😆
    Wind has hit 47mph just now gusts and averaging over 30 so far.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

That windyty site is excellent.

Kryton57

Here in London I nearly lost the shape of my quiff walking twixt house and pain cave.

Shocking.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Flood warnings currently in force http://www.shoothill.com/floodmap/

River level guages http://www.gaugemap.co.uk/#!Map

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Working at Stockport Rail Station tonight, getting loads of updates from north of us, sounds like total carnage north of preston.

iainc

Still wet and wild south of Glasgow, Mugdock might be damp in the morning 🙂

CountZero

According to that windyty site, (thanks, scaredy!), it’s blowing at 26mph here in Chippenham, blown the wheelybins over out the back. Glad I had new fencing put up earlier this year, there’d be even less left now.
    Hope nobody gets too badly damaged oop north during this storm.

rocketman
    Free Member

Absolutley fine around Cannock this afternoon can’t beat a bit of a breeze for drying out the trails

hammyuk
    Free Member

Windy has us at a solid 40 which considering what is happening outside is pretty much bang on.
    Don’t think my guys will be where they need to be on monday…

langylad
    Free Member

Fairly standard weather for ne lancs, not sure what all the fuss is about 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Windysuffering in mid wales today…..40knots ish,fairly decent waves and not super cold.Only sailed for an hour and now I am wrecked.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wild in Ayrshire, this storm Desmond is tutu windy.

benjamins11
    Free Member

We are getting an absolute pasting in North Wales, roads flooded everywhere!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Scaffolding outside our flat is making all sorts of scary noises. Had a few slates off the roof last night. On a positive note the stove is going like a jet engine.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

The rain and wind doesn’t seem to have stopped for weeks here on the Fylde Coast. Our back garden is turning into a lake and I think our hens are developing webbed feet.

Drac

It’s a bit windy here.

Stoner
    Free Member

sounds like total carnage north of preston.

you say that like its abnormal… 😉

matt_outandabout

Scotland seems to have had some, not as much as lakes mind
    http://canoescotland.org/where-go/wheres-water

Allan water at end of our road:
    http://apps.sepa.org.uk/waterlevels/default.aspx?sd=t&lc=14890

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ Northwind – Like the second M90 photo would love to have been a fly inside one of those cars……. “it’s alright love I’ve done this before just don’t overtake the bow wave” splutter stop……..

Drac

martinhutch

All the train lines west of Skipton are closed now. Which screws up my plan for a tailwind-only ride tomorrow. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Storm Desmond’ is closed to new replies.