Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Storing a bike/frame with wheels off
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Unfortunately only place I can store my bike in the house is a cupboard only big enough for the bike with wheels removed. I’m looking for ideas of a way to store the frame without rear mech/chain resting on the floor, ideally contained somehow in a box of some sorts. Got an idea of making up a box with plywood, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Ta

wwaswas

can you just hang it up with a hook through the rear triangle?

mrlugz
    Free Member

Store it upside down in a bike bag?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I’d like it somehow contained in something to keep dirt/oil at bay, cupboard is in the lounge so want to minimise mess each time I remove and put away the bike

amedias
    Free Member

just make an axle stand for the rear to keep the mech off the ground and keep the bike upright, then put it in a box/bag of your choice

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m looking for ideas of a way to store the frame without rear mech/chain resting on the floor,

Why would the mech be on the floor, a bike balances perfectly on the saddle and handlebars

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Cardboard bike box with a couple with a couple of slits vertically at the the top of the front facing side.
    Poke a hole in back side adjacent to slits. 12″ piece of rope with a big knot in . poke through hole then make another big knot in the end.
    Put bike in box, pass ropes under top tube then pull down the slits so the bike is suspended by the two ropes.

Cheap as chips to make, easy to pull in and out and will contain all you mud and dirt. Lay a towel in the bottom to soak up water drop off the frame when its truly dirty

stevied
    Free Member

How about something like this screwed into the cupboard?

Defender
    Free Member

At a bike show a few years ago I saw a bike bag that was open at the top, sealed bottom and sides to put your bike in to transport it inside your car without leaving the dirt, oil etc behind or scraping the trim etc.
    However I have no details of it and haven’t seen anthing quite like it since, but seemed a good idea to me.
    It wouldn’t be too hard to make something like it with some heavy duty canvas or nylon fabric?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Thanks all for suggestions. Reckon a box of some description keeping frame upright to prevent an issues with the brakes should do the trick.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Storing a bike/frame with wheels off’ is closed to new replies.