Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Storage "shed" for outdoor gubbins
  • spacemonkey

Currently tarting up the summerhouse to make it into a proper family space as opposed to a bloody shed. This means getting stuff like the mower, garden tools and numerous paint pots etc out of there and into some other form of storage.

Am thinking about the Keter range, eg the Max, but for every good review there are tales of broken panels, bent pistons, crap locks etc.

Anyone here use these or something similar? Ideally minimum 1300 H 1800 W and 1200 D.

Cheers

sarkmeister
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a small storage “shed” from garden buildings direct for the same purpose. It’s from the BillyOh range I think, 6ft by 3ft and about 3ft high. They have different options for types of panel/floor etc.

Built it last week, only took a couple of hours. It seems good quality for the money. I’ve added a bit of additional structure like shelves etc inside so it take more stuff.

spacemonkey

That’s a good shout. My only caveat is I’ve looked at GBD stuff before and been put off by some of the reviews re quality and customer service.

Still, I’ll have a sniff on their site. Ta

sarkmeister
    Free Member

The shed arrived very quickly, so I cant really comment on customer service.

The actual panels are good quality (I went for tongue and groove), but a few of the other items like the strips of wood to cover joints were a bit scruffy. I tidied most of them up before building.

woffle
    Free Member

Just doing something similar – converting a 4m x 7m garage/workshop into a garden room and studio. I’ve found myself now with a ‘sentrybox’ type 3x2ft shed for garden tools and an 8ft x 6ft garden shed for tools and the mower etc.

The smaller shed is from ShedsFirst online. Seems to be decent enough for the money – a proper, level base makes all the difference to sturdiness etc. No security though really – it wouldn’t take much to knock a side panel out of it were you that way inclined but then it’s just a wood box…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Storage "shed" for outdoor gubbins’ is closed to new replies.