Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Stopping Smoking
  • yunki
    Free Member

The last few days have seen you get into row after row after row.

deferred nicotine withdrawal innit..

anagallis_arvensis

When my son was born I stopped. Dont seem to have saved any money with this method though!

donsimon
    Free Member

You need to step back from the site for a bit tbh matey. The last few days have seen you get into row after row after row.

Hardly true, is it? 😀
    Everyone does indeed have different methods, some methods leave the ex-smoker suffering on a daily basis as they count each day they are smoke free.
    Others stop.
    If someone is looking for excuses, they’re not giving up and need a kick up the ar5e.
    Fortunately quitting isn’t anything that’s too important, and isn’t anything I’m bothered about.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

I reckon Andrew Lansley is missing a trick here. All he needs to do is appoint Simon as a “Smoking Tsar” and Bobs-yer-aunties-live-in-lover: a smoke free country!

I’ve heard some namby pamby psychologists suggest that smug, self-satisfied preachyness may not be the best way to deal with complex issues involving addiction, buy hey… WTF do they know?

A good kick up the arse from the don! Job done!

donsimon
    Free Member

Joking aside and with all due respect binners. How many times have you tried giving up? 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Personally whilst knowing all about the addiction I like to use the lowest dose of nictoine gum at a couple of key times to keep me from being an utter shit bag for the first few days of not smoking. By day 3 I don’t need them, nor do I need ciggies.

I just have to remember that I can’t reminisce over lazy student days, ever, as this will result in the same 2-3 month smoking cycle that it always does.

binners

Just thought I’d resurrect this one, as I’m now over 2 weeks into packing in. I just went cold turkey. i was away for the week with the kids, so I was out of my normal routine. Seemed like an ideal opportunity

I had a brief lapse on Friday on account of being pretty spectacularly drunk. Oops! 😳

Any further progress to report from the quitees. Hows it going with everyone. Any further tips pointers?

Junkyard
    Free Member

good man over the actuall addiction now just time for the MTFU and ignore that voice time

It takes a while but one day you will not only not think about it you will wonder why you ever smoked in the first place

willard

Not had a smoke since December the 1st last year and have been off the Champix since New Year’s Day 2012.

So far I have lost the weight I put on during the quit process and am now down to about 92 kilos from my pre-quit 95 and my max at about 98 kilos. I am now no longer even wanting a smoke in an even abstract sense and the smell of smoke makes me feel sick. I’m even able to smell and taste stuff again, which is nice.

Tips? Don’t put yourself in a position where you feel you need to smoke because you used to. If it means avoiding the pub for a while, so be it. It will save you money in the long run and will also keep you away from the temptation of having a smoke with a pint.

Other than that, keep at it. The physical addiction will pass quite quickly, it’s your mind that will keep you hooked. Be strong.

Hohum
    Free Member

Well done binners!

Keep it up.

It’s almost 2 and a half years for me now, but I still regularly think about cigarettes. There is no desire to smoke, but thinking about smoking still happens.

I don’t think that is ever going to change for me.

The last time was this morning whilst walking down the stairs to the train station. The thought soon passed though.

SnS
    Free Member

Been smoke free since towards the end of December last year.

….Just need to loose the 2 stones I put on 🙁

I didn’t change quantity or type of food / drink intake & if anything stepped up on the exercise front & No …it’s not muscle 🙁

Just try not to think about it & if you ‘do’ think about it, congratulate yourself for being smoke free !

Chris

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Gave up on the 16th january this year, was prompted by the other smoking thread (and having a child). Had a few lapses, probably smoked twenty cigarettes since then. But considering i used to be able to do that on a night out i’m not going to beat myself over that.

I am now a stone + heavier though, but as i am getting made redundant in a couple of weeks, i should have plenty of time to do something about that 😆

cheese@4p

Getting on for a year now. Still having to be firm with myself on occasion but so far so good.
    Keep going Binners and dont allow yourself any more brief lapses.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there you go bionners support and good advice about making sure you dont loose your athletic body

scoldedcat
    Free Member

Been reading this with interest I am a serial quitter and am currently on day 8. In my opinion it’s a bit like fitting tubeless tyres there’s a million different ways of doing it and everyone has thier own ideas you just need to pick a method that works for you.
    For me the electronic cig gizmo works a treat!

steve-g
    Free Member

I gave up in January…..then smoked while I was on holiday for a week in March, then stoped when I got back, then smoked while I was on holiday for 2 weeks in June, then stopped, then started for no reason in the middle of July and have been on them since.

Ive not been having any during he day, just evenings. I am back on the giving up trail today and will break out the old electric benson tonight.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Stopping Smoking’ is closed to new replies.