Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • stopping coffee?
  • anagallis_arvensis

So had rampant shits and vomitting for last two days and now i feel better i notice i havent had a coffee for three days. Being a complete espresso addict should i jump back on the wagon or take the chance to cut right down? What are the health arguments?

phatstanley
    Free Member

don’t know about health benefits much, but i reckon on “everything in moderation, including moderation..”

ymmv.

Steve77
    Free Member

I reckon it took me a couple of months to get over it once I stopped drinking coffee, or having any caffeine at all in fact. I don’t think there are strong health arguments but it’s definitely worth it for better sleep and waking up feeling rested and ready to go without having to drag yourself to the kitchen for a coffee first

mrblobby
    Free Member

How many a day are we talking about here?

sweepy
    Free Member

I gave up coffee for a few years, when I started again it might as well have been crack cocaine- I was off my chops.
    I dont think there are any problems with one or two in the morning or early afternoon.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

i gave it up a while ago and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. So i’m back on it. Although mornings only 😉

anagallis_arvensis

How many, well a mugful of stovetop espresso every morning and then more instant throughout the day maybe four or five. I put at laest two spponfulls in each mug.

40mpg

Moderation as above.

I went from 6 or 7 (sometimes more) strong filter coffees a day to zero – had headaches, shakes, depression for a couple of weeks. Stopped for a few months, but couldn’t resist the aroma! I’m now a bit more careful and generally have no more than 2 coffees a day – less stressed, more relaxed, sleep better.

I notice more at the weekend (when I’m more relaxed anyway) that even one coffee can make me more stressy and tetchy all day if I’ve not eaten first. Its quite a powerful drug!

sweepy
    Free Member

At risk of sounding like a princess i reckon its the instant you should stop. Tastes like shite and makes me more twitchy than espresso.
    Only drink the coffee you can be bothered to make fresh is my view.

unklehomered
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

But yeah, moderation, mornings and early afternoon unless feasting, wanting to stay up late…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘stopping coffee?’ is closed to new replies.