Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 579 total)
  • Stop with the leg tattoos already
  • _tom_
    Free Member

No but trousers can chafe and irritate a fresh tattoo which feels a bit like sunburn so shorts are preferable. Plus the advice was to put bepanthen on so its better not getting that greasy mess all over your trousers.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

My mate is half way through getting an ankle to neck “Tree of Life” tat. Now he wears shoes with no socks and the trousers rolled up all the time. It looks awful, I feel sorry for him as he is clearly seeking validation from everyone.

Saw someone in Edniburgh recently who had a fried egg on toast tattoo, on his forehead 😯 . He was not the kind of guy you would laugh at or challenge over it IYKWIM!

emsz
    Free Member

D’you get cross about what colour their hair is, or the type of clothes someone is wearing as well?

Odd thing to be upset about

BigDummy
    Free Member

I quite like my leg tattoo. It is on my leg, so I tend to regard other people getting worked up about it as borderline absurd.

🙂

footflaps

Odd thing to be upset about

Not really and it’s nothing new. There is a symbiotic relationship between non-conformist behaviour and people irked by said non conformism. If no one gave a ****, it would defeat the whole point of such things eg garish tattoos, punk dress etc etc.

jekkyl

I passed a chap fishing on the canal once with a completely tattoed head and it occured to me that if you’re keen to avoid work and claim benefits that’d be a great place for a tat. You can imagine him at his job seekers allowance meeting
    ‘well I’ve been to 3 job interviews this week and unfortunately I didn’t get the job, can’t think why, oh well I guess I’ll go fishing down the canal, byyeeee’

nickhart
    Free Member

it’s so funny that people feel it is acceptable to tell others how to live their lives.
    I have a piece of design on my leg, it took me 24 years to design the tattoo that i’d be happy with. It is an incredibly personal design to me, it is a combination of the people that I love the hospital and people that got me back to health, the idea of surf, being in the waves and the sea and the feeling of being free but also the book by yvon chounaird, the turner symbol not just because I ride a turner (dur!) but for the people i ride the turner with and the places it has taken me and the dragon. Now the dragon is a double pronged thing, it is the passion of the welsh (i’m not but much of my family is) and the beautiful countryside i know and love, but it’s also the beast which is cancer and the pain and suffering it can cause and how it nearly got me but didn’t.
    So if you’d like me to cover it up the i’m sorry but tough, it is part of me, it means an incredible amount to me and when all is said and done we make choices. I’m happy with mine and i’m not asking you to like it but I am asking you to think about your sweeping statements.
    if you’re offended by tattoo’s or cancer charities please don’t click here

binners
    BoardinBob

Just been to see my tattoo design which is happening on Saturday. Can’t wait to offend the moral high ground brigade…

nickhart
    Free Member

lets have a look boardin

peterfile
    Free Member

There is nothing in my life, whether views, beliefs, desires, objects etc which are sufficiently constant for me to want to get it tattooed on me.

Other than my mum perhaps 🙂

I need inspiration…

binners

I’ve got a full back tattoo of Benny Hill being chased by a gaggle of nurses

slowoldman

it’s so funny that people feel it is acceptable to tell others how to live their lives.

It’s only people’s opinions. I wouldn’t dream of telling someone they shouldn’t have a tattoo. But, I do find them generally really ugly.

footflaps

I’ve got a full back tattoo of Benny Hill being chased by a gaggle of nurses

Well that’s what you asked them to draw.

What you actually got was a huge picture of Hora, naked.

bearnecessities

*Throws-up over laptop*

Cougar

Given the ubiquity of tattoos these days, it does seem to be a remarkably odd thing to give much of a toss about on other people.

The days of tats automatically signifying some sort of life event, membership or rebellion (prison, military service, Hell’s Angels, anarchist punks, etc etc) are long gone. Old Jimmy Satan might well be sporting ink from when he first killed and ate someone, but you’re just as likely to see our Chardonnay with a picture of Gary Barlow on her midriff.

In the normalising stakes, tattoos are almost on a par with earrings these days. We don’t get many forum threads going “oh my god, I saw a girl the other day who had actually had holes surgically punched in her ears so that she could wear some crappy jewellery, what’s that all about?!”

slowoldman

God don’t get me started on body piercing.

binners

My full back tattoo of Hora, naked, has a Prince Albert

MrSmith
    Free Member

they are just dull.
    ‘show us your tattoo’ threads are just like show us your inbred threads, only of interest to those who have them, the details are slightly different but essentially its the same dull steel hard tail/drawing on your body.

footflaps

My full back tattoo of Hora, naked, has a Prince Albert

That must be painful leaning back in a chair?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Just stop please, the garbage on people calves ruined my HONC

The guy dressed in full red & white Specialized kit with big red S tattoo on his calf was ace! Specially cos he was riding a Scott :mrgreen:

binners

they are just dull.

You calling my inked portrait of Hora naked, complete with piercings, Boring?

I’ll have you know, its a thing of beauty

Junkyard
    Free Member

we cannot all be the scintillating bringer of joy that you are Mr Smith

Who cares what folk do their bodies

Some of them adorn them with all sorts of stuff iw ould not – including clothes
    WTF has it got to do with me

Some tats are great some are shit …just like clothes or STW posters or anything else in life

CountZero

nickc – Member
    Other people’s decorations spoiled your day?

1. Seriously, get over yourself
    2. Stop worrying about it, you’ll have a heart attack

Quite.
    As it happens, the only comments about mine have been from people, usually female, who were interested in the designs.
    anyone who doesn’t like them can, quite frankly, go and do one.
    I will be adding at least one more, which I already have a design for, just as soon as I’ve got the spare £75-80 available.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Swayze/Horse (of course)

MrSmith
    Free Member

Who cares what folk do their bodies

not me! far more important things to give a toss about. just find it amusing how some people like to show them off at the merest suggestion of a bit of sun but if they didn’t have the grim tat they wouldn’t wear the shorts/off the shoulder/short sleeves. ooh look at me all edgy with my tribal tat from my gap year like it’s some kind of individual statement only it’s doesn’t convey to other people their individualism. quite the opposite.

nearly as funny as the old guys hanging out with other cool old guys with tattoos pic the inked like to roll out as some kind of justification for their ‘individualism’ i just see old people with a small pension bored at the thought of impending death but hey they get to hang out with other likeminded people with tattoo’s! how cool is that!

MrSmith
    Free Member

mind you if they are real sailors tattoos they probably have some some stories to tell but then those tattoos dont make them any more awesome and they could quite happily relive those halcyon days with their shirts on especially as old people feel the cold more.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I passed a chap fishing on the canal once with a completely tattoed head and it occured to me that if you’re keen to avoid work and claim benefits that’d be a great place for a tat. You can imagine him at his job seekers allowance meeting
    ‘well I’ve been to 3 job interviews this week and unfortunately I didn’t get the job, can’t think why, oh well I guess I’ll go fishing down the canal, byyeeee’

Hehe, indeed. Although these days it’d be enough to just grow a massive beard. When I first signed on back in the day I was always being told to ‘get a haircut’ etc. Don’t think they’re allowed to say things like that anymore due to discrimination laws. Which is nice.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

I do quite fancy getting one of those M tattoos. (Not that I’ve done an Ironman, obviously.) They exude awesomeness and would make even me utterly more attractive.

scotia
    Free Member

“Oldgit” – is it too late to say grow up?

I dont have a tattoo, but i feel that if the person got it then let it be..

jees life is too short..

emsz
    Free Member

God don’t get me started on body piercing.

I’ve got 13 or so at my last count. Most in my ears that I mostly don’t use, but a nose stud, (in today) belly button ( not in) and left nip (mostly stays in)

binners

Emsz dear – Being so full of holes, do you ever inadvertently leak?

CountZero

not me! far more important things to give a toss about. just find it amusing how some people like to show them off at the merest suggestion of a bit of sun but if they didn’t have the grim tat they wouldn’t wear the shorts/off the shoulder/short sleeves

Most of mine are down my forearms, so at the slightest hint of sun I’m wearing a tee shirt, so mine are on view all the time.
    Tough. And I find it amusing that, despite protestations to the contrary, you do seem more than a little bothered by people who display their body art.

emsz
    Free Member

Like in the cartoons when they’ve shot? 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

ooh look at me all edgy

Irony alert!

Anyway it seems to ne that what you don’t like isn’t tattoing, it’s show off wannabe hipsters. Fair enough , but not every tattooed person is a showoff wannabe hipster, and not every showoff wannabe hipster has tattoos. Think about it a bit more.

molgrips
    Free Member

How can something be full of holes?

gonefishin
    Free Member

You know I had no idea that people still got so worked up about tattoos. Sadly it looks like I’ll have to delay getting my first one done so I’ll not be annoying anyone anytime soon.

binners

😆

tazzymtb

Tattoos are grim and worn by attention seeking dullards……but strangely ones that seem happy in themselves and are more tolerant of others and most of the tattooed fools I know all seem to be very successful in their chosen carreers and manage to appreciate a work life balance. what I apsire to is be a normal and bland as oldgit and the usuall trolly little gimps and then I too can live in a perpetual state of bored frustrating middle rage(which is totally fine and perfectly acceptle way to be and in no way meant as a personal or derogatory statement about the un-inked)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 579 total)

The topic ‘Stop with the leg tattoos already’ is closed to new replies.