Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Stop using shampoo for your hair?
  • hora
    Free Member

Thats the one but the armpit blocks are awesome. No more armpit stains, grease, smell after a long day etc. I can ride and not wash all weekend…..plus girls always mention that I smell of juniper oil(?) and its nice.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I use shampoo but if we are diversifying into deodorant, I use some “Crystal” stick thing. Wet it, and rub it on, and don’t smell at all for a day or two. Lasts best part of a year, and costs 3 quid. I really rather like it!

edhornby

I wash mine with whatever shower gel I am using – it’s just sodium laureth sulphate and all fundamentally the same save for a few perfumes and colourings…

I hate lush, the overpowering stench of chemicals ‘but they are natural’ says Mrs Ed… bah natural chemicals…

crikey
    Free Member

plus girls always mention that I smell of juniper oil

To the police?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

T-Gel daily here.

more info on the no ‘poo way….

From Inca times right up to today indigenous peoples of south America have used urine for washing and rinsing hair. Many indigenous people ferment their own urine and mix it with fireplace ashes to wash not only their hair, but also their clothes. Urine is rich in urea (uric acid) which is a common ingredient in most shampoos and skin creams (these days it is synthetic – it is not processed from urine). The urea helps remove dead skin and control dandruff and helps with cleaning oils from the hair. It is a mild antiseptic and might help with keeping the general skin flora and fauna (bacteria and fungi) under control. The urea also acts as an emollient and helps with keeping skin humidified.

turboferret

This does me, along with some soap.

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Stop using shampoo for your hair?’ is closed to new replies.